Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / question about the upgrade

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 09:00
I noticed some outdoor type stuff that people have been making and was wondering if the framerate is better now for outdoor levels or about the same? Just asking from you guys' experience.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 00:46
Off-topic...Disturbing,
I just bought the Creeps and Freaks vols. 1 and 2 a few days ago and I just wanted to tell you that it is some good,good stuff.
Thank you very much.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 01:17
Not a prob! Thanks a million, glad ya like! part 3 will be coming out soon then 2 more packs and the Creeps and Freaks will be done.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 02:36 Edited at: 20th Apr 2007 02:38
What I have seen v1.05RC2 seems to improve performance quite alot.

I had a small-ish test map, about 20x20 tiles with a small multiroom building with different kinds of rooms and furnitures, dynamic and static lights, some decals and many windows. Outside the house there was this medium-sized "frontyard" of sorts with couple static entities, a smaller building with two doors and some windows and 12 enemies. I used 3 different kinds of characters and gave them different weapons.

I tested the game, filled the starting room with weapons first. I ran thru' the larger building, making sure that the couple of enemies inside notice me (well many outside did notice me thru' windows too). Then I made my way to outside, where there was the rest 10 enemies. In the end they were all following and shooting me. Even in the open with all those enemies, statics and lights the framerate stayed above 30! I'd say it's a great improvement. I can't wait for the full version of 1.05!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 00:51
Wonderful! That's judt what I wanted to hear.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 01:05
You know let me toss this info in.... Ive got packs 1 through 5 and when I use only the TGC packs and stock media that comes with FPSC I get many issue's when trying to build outside levels.

Yes the use of Fences do tend to help on the Frame Rate but when you get into adding doors, windows there has been a significate drop in frames when applying what I would feel is to be the minimum...

For example... If I did an outside map say with no more then 6 houses...each house no bigger then 6x6 cells no more then 3 layers high with 2 cells surrounding each house then a fence around each house I get a fantastic frame rate of 30 to 33 Frames (so each boxed "fenced" area is 10 cells by 10 cells per area "Fence is solid no the chain link fence")

Now if I added a front door and back door to each house...mind you no windows no other entities on the map strickly all segments except the doors my frame rate tends to drop to 28 to 30

Now if I wanted windows I can drop as low as 16 frames by just adding 2 windows per building

So I usually wont drop windows in and every entity from this point on I make them all static and its a hit or miss if I can keep the frame rate up to 30 frames...

Also when placing these building I use maybe half or less then half the map...

If you would like I can make a map and get some screens to show exactly what I just explained but I am sure this can be duplicated on anybody else's system...

Oh yeah I do have the latest patch 1.05rc2
pc specs 3.0 intel processor
1 gig or ram
200 gig hd space still available
geforce 5200 video card

Hope this helps some

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:01