Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Changing characters textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I chance a alternate character skin or texture. I have tried but doesent work.

Lord of Chaos "The Rise and Death of the Lord"--- Working
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 17:08
The "Alternate Texture" is just for stuff like switches, where the texture changes to show you have pressed it.

If you want to create a new texture and load it, that's possible, but not as an alt. texture.

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 18:16
Ya, unfortunately, if your entities FPE contains the line
ischaracter=1

then assigning it an alt texture will cause it to lose it's texture data all together.

Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be really cool if they could fix this. I brought this up before as well.

Butters, do you know any other way to change a characters texture mid-game?
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 23:47
something I've been trying to worka around for ages. Only works on a custom animated character, who isn't specified in the FPE as being a character, but behaves like one... complicated sounding eh!

This is something TGC should definately work on changing. it can't possibly be that hard, as it isn't even a new feature, it's just modding an old one!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:58