Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Strange problem with List of Levels in Build menu

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It has been running quite smoothly so far. Then one fine day I click on the "edit loading screen" to edit the loading screen fpi file and wham I get a "The parameter is incorrect" message and I have to shut the FPS task and FPS Editor process to clear the system. It also seems to be messing with the windows "alarm" sound when it tries to make an attention sound for the error message.

To get around this, I have to reload the level map file,...then I can access "edit loading screen" without inducing a crash.

Has anyone else run into that one? There is nothing in the error message to say what the parameter is that is "incorrect".

I tried reverting to the default gameover.fpi file, but it still crashes if I do not reload the map level first.

I tried a reinstall of everything,..same problem.

One other thing I noticed,... when I load in another file, the map level file is not updated to the new one. I never really noticed before but it would seem to make sense that when you load in a new fps file, that the map level list would update to that new file.

Who spilled the beer into Rambo's dish?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2007 01:04
You get a parameter is incorrect message when you don't have the level selected.... most of the time. If you upgrade to RC2 I believe that problem has been fixed. That's about all I know when it comes to this.

DcZee
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks,..thought I had done something very bad without knowing I had done it,..hehe. Funny thing is, it didn't error like that for several months, then it seemed like it just started out of the blue.

You are right, the fix for that bug is in for rc1...awesome.

Who spilled the beer into Rambo's dish?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:52