Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / making your own character entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 19:25
I am about to try and make my own character entities.

I will need to animate my characters, I want to know the naming conventions, by that I mean looking at the characters they have a list of animations and a number of frames
anim0 = 190,209
anim1 = 210,233
anim2 = 2498,2526
anim3 = 260,279

I presume that each anim is an action, and that there is uniformity amongst these, so one can swap the scripts about and they will perform the right actions, so they have to all be the same, ie, anim3 might be a jump animation on every single character, I want to keep that uniformity, they are all named the same arent they ?

If they are, does anyone have a list of what each anim is, I heard it was in the manual, I checked every page and didn't see that, I didn't see any list outlining what each animation number should be.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
As far as I know this tutorial has never been created.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 21:07
I have seen custom characters made, so someone knows what animations go in what order.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 22:33
I have just installed milkshape to look at the animations, I see it doesnt support .x for import, only export, so it seems one cannot open other characters and see what animations are what.
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 22:38 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2007 22:40
page 88

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 22:41
thanks mate, I see it now, brilliant

we could do with some tutorials on getting your own custom characters into fpsc, custom content is the way to go for something special.
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 22:44
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=66352&b=24
have a look at this.

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 22:59 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2007 23:03
thats a help, I wonder if it will work using sprites, well I say sprites, what I thought is to use a flat plane and then change the graphic for each animation frame, I dont know if it will work not having any bones in the thing, I didnt think fps creator supports bones anyway, it is vertex animation data.

It must be possible because there was that pencil sketch game
Pencil Whipped
http://webpages.charter.net/lflicking/
and that had sprite type characters.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 23:17
fallen one,
how did you miss the animation thing?!!

please stop posting things like
Quote: "I didnt think fps creator supports bones anyway, it is vertex animation data"

when it simply isn't true! Why do you think there is a BIPED?

anyway, whatever. Download Fragmotion (its free), then import animated meshes into that, and export them as milkshape files, to edit in milkshape.

If you want an example of how to do a custom character, why not check out my "fatboy" here , it'll give you a good Idea of how to set up the FPE, as well as how to write a script for the character afterwards. If you have any trouble, post here and I'll post you an annotated version of the script, to help ya out. But don't be lazy, try and piece it together!

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 00:03 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 00:04
I don't think I've ever heard the guy ever talk positively about FPSC. I really haven't, or even know for definite what he is talking about.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:33