Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Yes, Yet Antoher PAS Idea For FPSC Users

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:05
Yes, me again. I have yet another solution for osme thinsg that I have been thinking about. I notice everyone has their websites but alot of them are free websites. I know thta hosting cna be exspensive, especially since it is so competitive. I also know that not everyone cna self host and wants to apy alot of money, but they want to have their FPSC and game websites. So, I was already making plans to do this,b ut I thought I would make it aware for some of the few FPSC users who want to have a paid website package with free tools included, so that they do not have to rely on free hosting.

I am already workign with a graphics designer who is referring me people to use as a hosting solution. I am still setting things up, but due to me working with Nano Games on three of their titles, and having a few websites myself, I figured I might as wlel host my own websites while growing my network. So, I am going ot invest in that and it is in the works. By the time I have the Special Edition that I ma doing for Nano Games, I will have the hosting solutions fully operational by the time I am done creating their website. I figured since I already make money form my different operations and will not be using all the space, I could make some beyond affordable packages, that are small one time yearly fees for website hosting. The cost owuld include website domain registration, as well as making templates for your website for free, and would even include full set up of anythign you did not know how to do, all for free. I have very good ties with the people that I work with. So I thought i would make this announcement, (and no I am not tryign to create new services as I go laong tryign to make money from these forums). This is somethign I was going to do to save me money, but there is no way I am going ot use up 100 gigs of storage space. The yearly fee I od not have an exact price on as of now, and I still have to configure the packages, but I am thinking it will not be alot. I would say no more thne $40 a yearto include registrtaion and in the area of gig(s) for storage and bandwidth. It owuld also include as I said, creating templates etc. Full support and evrything else you owuld find in a host including 99.999% uptime guaranteed.

So that is somehting to look forward to. I just transferred my websites to a new server and am going to be setting that up as well. So, that is somethign to look forward to if you want to save money on hosting and want to pay a low flat rate yearly fee.

K.L. Phair
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:10
I would love this, I want eldestdragon.co.uk/ eldestdragongames.co.uk as soon as possible

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:15 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 17:15
@ Eldest Dragon: That would not be a problem as long as someone did not take it. I am working on geting this up as quick as possible and should have everything set up within the next two weeks or so. I am going out of town on May 9th and I am hoping to have it set up by then if not sooner. I am really aiming at geting this up ASAP, but the 9th is my worse case scenario for what I hope. It took a few days to have them transfer my current websites data. So I am waitng to hear about the next stage to get all of this set up.

K.L. Phair
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 22:02
I know that eldestdragon is not taken yet, i checked.

E.D.

P.S. how much are we talking per year?? Cos i've not got much money, and i've still got to buy FPSC, then milkshape, then then then then then.... you get the picture.

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 22:57
@ Eldest Dragon: Per year I am not sure. I know it will be less then $40, but will be between $25-$30 a year which includes domain registrtation, so that would be between 12-20 pounds a year. This would include you own admin with some features and freebies I cna add into detail later. Also it will include free website designs that could be made if you gave an idea of what you wanted (and if it did not biolate copyright). I will have exact figures within the next 5-10 days as well as when this service would be ready by.

K.L. Phair
WyattEarp
Years of Service
User Offline
Just for anyones info, any domain that is searched will be taken within hours. Bots monitor the searches 24/7 and buy up the sames so they can sell them to you. I came up with probably 30 names as dumb and pointless as possible and they were taken within 2 hours. FYI.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 04:42
WyattEarpp: Yea, that is a good point. Thats how those name companies make their money. LOL.

K.L. Phair
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 04:44
whu looks like a good idea

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 04:57
I figured I am going to have the extra space. I already do a lot of websites for projects that need them temporarily. So it can be a good solution if a website is needed. Honestly though, I dont expect a lot of people form the forums needing a website. I just posted it for the few who may want one.

K.L. Phair
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 07:33
PAS good idea we need cheap web hosts i am really intrested in this...

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 07:38
PAS u r pretty cool

Mods, its 500x100, so you cant tell me its bigger than 600x120
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 10:22
OMG..... I can't believe i was stupid enough to search for both eldestdragon.co.uk AND eldestdragongames.co.uk. Maybe I'll have to go .com

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 14:29
Quote: "B is for broke or Budget"

Good idea man.

big..hahaha..you said big!
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 07:16 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 07:17
Ok here is an update. I am working to provide some low cost solutions especially for FPSC users. The earliest this service will be offered is May 15th and I will have everything settled by June 1st at the latest. The reason why so long is because I am going to have my own network set up and that way you can get the most with the least price. I will know the pricing within the next 5 days tops. I will update you when I figure that out. I am sorry this is going to take a couple weeks at least, but it will be worth it to provide savings to everyone here who has a budget. I understand where you are all coming from and I want to provide all the people in this community a low cost solution that anyone can afford. So please be patient as I work out the details. I appreciate your support. I am going to set special prices for TGC forum members only. Reason is I value this community and everyone provides things I can use at more then decent prices and I just want to be able to do the same. So I will keep you all posted. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Kyias
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey pas i havent read everything in this post but the majority. Why not $ host? i could set up a reseller account and go as low as $1 per month, thats not including a domain. But that works out $12 a year or £6 a year. Solong as you can get around 15 people willing to do it.

Known Languages:
PHP SQL HTML C C++ VB ActionScript ASP JavaScipt
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 17:43
Quote: "Hey pas i havent read everything in this post but the majority. Why not $ host? i could set up a reseller account and go as low as $1 per month, thats not including a domain. But that works out $12 a year or £6 a year. Solong as you can get around 15 people willing to do it"

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. Maybe you should have read the entire thread. I am doing this web hosting site for 1. Myself because IU have so many projects I work on 2.Because I already have people who I am workign with such as businesses etc. Hence why I said,
Quote: "I am already workign with a graphics designer who is referring me people to use as a hosting solution. "

You can offer hosting for $1, but I unfortunately cannot. I am already gping through the process to use licensed software and a bunch of add ons to use, due to me workign with different clients. I make revenue form other places, so I was going to make a special price which would include web hosting for a year, web design services, add on programs, customer support etc. I am going to be using all of this anyways due to me starting a website solutions company due to many people I do work for who said I should do it, and it will allow me ot use my own website network at the same time. So either way, whether I was offering this service or not to the forums, I owuld be using it nayways. The packages will include all the things I said plus domain registration and it will be around $3.50 a month, maybe a litle less then $3.50. It would require that you pay for the entire year up front, but it would be under $40 a year for sure. I am just having to calculate things to see the exact price. I am not going to go with a cheap resellers package, because I am not offering this to the forums to try to make an income. I am doing it ot provide a affordable service to people who want a professional website and hosting solution without having to shell out a lot of money. I can have templates made and loaded. So its not like I am tryign to do cheap solutions and say, heres a easy website builder. I can have custom tmeplates made too, which would be apart of the service. As I said,
Quote: "I am going to set special prices for TGC forum members only. Reason is I value this community and everyone provides things I can use at more then decent prices and I just want to be able to do the same. "
So thnak you, but no thnak you. If you want ot offer $1 services then go ahead. But I am not trying to make a quick buck with this. Just trying to provide a sueful service at a reasonable price like everyone else in here does.

K.L. Phair

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:42