Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Video before Menu

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I'm just wondering if its possible to display a video, so as, they click on the game, it loads a video (standard avi) and then loads the menu options, if there a simple way of doing this? can anyone walk me through this if it is possible?

Thank you
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 01:35
Download Game Cover 2 and follow the instructions included in the download. It's a front end game loader for FPSC

Get it from the FPSC More... download section of www.fpsfree.com

There is a test video included so you can see it working if you don't already have your own video made up

Basically just involves you moving some files around and renaming your game executable to data.exe

FPSPack enables this feature but is not free unlike Game Cover 2 and hasn't been updated to allow loading and saving of games so most people avoid it these days.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 07:04
You can do it with no program what so ever as well with a little modifying of the setup. But you have to learn how to script.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 04:16
Even so, if it's still a download, there really isn't any harm in downloading it, and testing it out.

Go here!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94201&b=19
Makes the sense of my location!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:28