Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / My gaming Company!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 04:15
Okay here's the deal, I'm starting my own computer gaming company and just had it registered here in my state. My company is called Harsh Realities. You can look it up on this website:
http://www.in.gov/apps/sos/trademarks

Anyway, I need to raise money to buy equipment for my company so I decided to drop the price of my Plaque Pack Plus from $12 to $5 USD. Hopefully some of you will be willing to help me out by purchasing the pack. You can find info and screenshots near the bottom of my free web page for CuStM HuDz.

MaxxGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 04:45
Im sure there are people that want to sponsor you by buying stuff. But i must mention that a simple boxmesh with a painting on it (no offence, but its just that simple) is something people can do in the same effort as clicking a pay button and filling in their details.

Maybe when you sell something that is a bit harder to make and proves to be unique in a kinda way i think there would be more interest and money involved. Maybe write some good scripts?

As for a starting gaming company, i think its good to start with some quality products or find people to join you on the development of a product making plans to sell it and how to share profits.

Best regards,
Patrick

Kewl!
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 06:03 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 00:17
@ Nue B: I will buy your pack. I think it is good that you are becoming legit. What type of equipment do you need? I cna maybe connect you with some low price dealers I know where you cna buy directly from them. I would not make any money off of this. I just like the idea you are trying to do something. If you want I cna help you out to the best of my abilities. If you cna email me and show me a good business plan along with what your plans are for your company, I would be more thne willing to help you out. I have no problem helping out nayone that wants to help themselves and will not quit. So if you want, share your plans and if they sound good I will try to help you and connect you with some private outlets to get what you need at more then fair prices. It looks good. I will make a purchase in a few days. Can you use these packs to use in commercial FPSC games? Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 06:51
yes, you can use the packs in commercial games PAS.

Most of the equipment I will get from particular manufactures who specialize in making what I need. But I could use a good deal on some Laptops if you know anyone. Currently I don't own a laptop, but I want to set up displays in areas around town as part of my marketing campaign. I do have a completed business plan, unfortunately at this time I think it's best I keep it to myself until I get business rolling.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
I reccomend you buy a domain name, you can get some good hosting plans around!

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 07:17
Quote: " reccomend you buy a domain name, you can get some good hosting plans around!"

yep, then you can put whatever you want on it.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
MaxxGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 12:56
Well, Nue B, it sound like youve got a plan, that's great!
I don't know if this sounds trustworty of someone whos new on the forums, but i have a businesss already. (running 3 years now) i make enough money to live from.

Reason im telling is because i am a softwaredeveloper by profession mainly specialized in webbased software and e-Commerce, and payment gateways and stuff. To support my contracts i need to provide webservers also so i have a daughter business that does webhosting. This is quite unique in some way, its not the webhosting you find on the web for like $5. I talk about webhosting contracts of a rough €100,- Its all very good n smooth webhosting, about one of the best in our country tough we are not well known by public.

What i can offer is some reduced or maybe free webhosting depending on what you need and plans, to help you startup. Please take care for a domainname yourself. Ofcorse there must be somewhat in return but not specificly in the form of money. Maybe we can work something out with advertising or shared interests. We could talk things trough over de e-mail or chat if you like.
Before i can agree on anything i do need to know who you are, etc..

My business is registered in The Netherlands under KvK: 24350985
https://server.db.kvk.nl/TST-BIN/FU/TSWS001@?BUTT=243509850000
You can call them to verify using: +31104027777

My website: http://www.levelten.nl/?action=4
(how unlucky that it is broke for maintainence a.t.m. but it will be back up within 2 months) i have no time to work on it because im to busy with my contracts.

For those who are dutch, i did some work for the PLUS suppermarket recently in Zeeland, and im hosting a few branches of Super de Boer.

Kewl!
MaxxGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 12:58
Oh i may add, i checked your profile but that is just a Trademark. Anyone can register a trademark. Where can i find your business registration?

Kewl!
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 15:59 Edited at: 28th Apr 2007 16:05
Quote: "Where can i find your business registration?"

I had to register my trade name first, I just sent in the paperwork to incorporate with the fees and now I have to wait for the info to get back to me. I'll post links when I receive the documents back.

However, I can still legally operate my business as sole proprietor until then.

FYI:

@ MaxxGames, I appreciate your networking attempt but an e-mail would have been better than hijacking my thread to advertise what you do. And please don't slander the packs I'm selling, It's rude and very counterproductive to my efforts to raise capital.
Thank you.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 17:27
Nue B, why don't you take out a small loan, with a low interest rate? Then just pay it back when you publish your game. That would be the fastest way to get money, as selling things may take weeks/months just to get $50, which would only get you a low end gfx card.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 19:44
MaxxGames,
Quit spamming other people's threads.
You seem to have some issues.Please take care of them.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 19:59
Quote: "Nue B, why don't you take out a small loan, with a low interest rate?"

I'm still paying down student loans Higgins. I'd rather not take out anymore loans at this time.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 05:41
Quote: "I do have a completed business plan, unfortunately at this time I think it's best I keep it to myself until I get business rolling."

OK. whatever you feel best. I just wanted to know to see if this was something worth investing in and if there was anythign I could do to help. I do understand if you want to keep things quiet as I have used this approach and still do on certain projects. If you ever change your mind feel free to email me.

@ MaxxGames: I think you not only were rude, but those packs are not bad. It seems like you are trying to put osmeone down to glorify yourself. I usually do not stick up for people, but trademark or name, the man is being honest and is not trying to be fake in the forums. Regardless of what he has or does not have registered is irrelevant. Who says 5 years form now he wont be the next Lucas Studios. I give him respect for being honestand not trying to impress people. You come across as someone who just joined the forums to promote yourself. I have not been on here long, but I do care about this community even if not all my posts come across that way.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 09:26
I'm glad to see someone doing what they always wanted (If this is what youve always wanted).

@Maxx
-The Pack is not bad and if you think anyone can do it why dont you make them then.
-How would you like it when you started your company I went "HA, what a load of complete ******** *** **** ******".

@Nue B
Just wondering: Did you go University/college and if so: What did you study?

If only you were me... Then You'd understand.
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 12:48
congrats nue b, but i would recomend getting a better website designed, instead of paying for a pro web designer though i would recomend getting a well known web design program such as EZGenerator or WYSIWYG web editor, and a couple of web design books, it may sound like alot but its cheaper than a pro web designer. i hope the best of luck to you and hope you dont end up being my #1 rival when i start my business .

current projects and versions:
SO| Music²:v1.4 SO| Packer:v0.2 SO| WebSource²:v0.2
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 05:45
Quote: "Just wondering: Did you go University/college and if so: What did you study?"

I graduated from IBC. I received my BAS in Information Technology.

Quote: "congrats nue b, but i would recommend getting a better website designed"

Thank you. I will have an actual website of my own when the time is right, I've just been so busy with work, family, and hobbies that I haven't gotten around to it. I do my own web designs. I'm not the best with HTML or Java, but I can make something that catches the eye. if you click the web icon under my post (not the CuStm HuDz image, the IE icon), you'll see another site I made through frihost.com. It's way better looking than the geocities page I have.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 07:04
you know you could get a freedomain.co.nr

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 07:05 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 07:09
Quote: "I graduated from IBC. I received my BAS in Information Technology."

Thats great Nue B. I am workign ona masters in 3D Animation/Visual Effects. Are you pursuing further? I am honestly only going further to eventually get a PHD so that I cna teach at any type of college, including a University. I would love to teach, so thats my goal besides working for myself. If you ever need any help designing a website let me know. Offer to lend a hand. Yuo cna view two of my websites to see what can be done. Http://www.phairartsutdio.com and www.xposedgamer.com Anyways congratulations and I am off to get your plaque pack as promised. I will edit this post to let you know when i got it.

EDIT: Nue B. When I click on the buy it now button it doesnt fill in my email like it is suppossed to for my PayPal. I would rather pau by sending a payment to your paypal account. Can you give me your PayPal email, so I can just send a payment then you could email me a link to download the pack or just email me the pack. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 13:37
Quote: "It's way better looking than the geocities page I have"

no offense, but it looks almost identical, i mean something like this (made with EZGenerator), i did no coding to do that and it looks very nice, although it is a template, it is VERY customizable and you can change pretty much every aspect of it.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 15:14 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 15:16
Quote: "i did no coding to do that and it looks very nice, although it is a template, it is VERY customizable and you can change pretty much every aspect of it."

You do have a point. Making your own template does make the process easier and make it so that you can switch it around. You can also make your own custom templates to fit your game too.

EDIT: Did you make that template or was it pre-made. It looks good either way. I was just wondering.

K.L. Phair
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 17:41
Quote: "Did you make that template or was it pre-made. It looks good either way. I was just wondering"

that was one of the default ones, but every image on that example is changeable, the only thing that isnt is the layout.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 18:19
The only probelm with standard templates is that someone else may use them. However, it still looks good and since you can chage it except for the layout, it does offer a good solution if you cant or dont want to do your own design.

K.L. Phair
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 20:38
Quote: "Nue B. When I click on the buy it now button it doesn’t fill in my email like it is supposed to for my PayPal."

If I remember correctly, there should be a place to sign-in as a paypal user. If not however, you can send the payment to blaqueboi@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks for your order PAS!
And yes, I may take you up on your offer to help me design a webpage. I taught myself HTML and Java script, so I'm not the best at it.

Quote: "That’s great Nue B. I am working on a masters in 3D Animation/Visual Effects. Are you pursuing further?"

No. My IT degree is plan B. Plan A is to own a company and be the millionaire next-door.

I'm at work right now, so I'll reply to the other comments later.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 21:51
Nue B, sent my payment and added a message so you know its me. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 03:37 Edited at: 1st May 2007 05:59
Quote: "Nue B, sent my payment and added a message so you know its me. Thanks."

Thanks for your order PAS.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 06:01
Wow, over 400 people have viewed this thread... wouldn't it have been awesome if every one donated a dollar to help me start my business?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st May 2007 19:21
See if you can add a PayPal donation button to your post!

best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 21:02 Edited at: 1st May 2007 21:02
Quote: "See if you can add a PayPal donation button to your post!"

That's a great idea, but PayPal buttons are in HTML code and forums only read BBC.

Overkill Software
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope your company goes well.
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 17:08
Quote: "I hope your company goes well. "

Thanks overkill!

I couldn't add a donation button to the forum so I added one to my webpage!

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 17:15
Nue B, are you making any games besides just FPSC games? Like Torque etc.?

K.L. Phair
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 17:31
For my company yes.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 19:22 Edited at: 5th May 2007 19:27
Well when you get things situated then feel free to contact me as I am doing some new promotions and could help you out with marketing.

K.L. Phair
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:10
Awesome! Thanks a lot PAS

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:21
No problem. i have been comign up with some creative ideas and ma making ideas for new games that are not FPSC related as well. So, let me know when you have time and I cna help you out with my trial and errors. I ve been trying a lot of stuff, and I cna tlel you a lot of ways that do nto work. LOL. Good luck and I am here if you need help. Just don't give up. A lot of new good things will spring up out of nowhere, as I have learned from experience.

K.L. Phair

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:25:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:25:05