Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / FrameRate and Startup Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 00:35
I have a few questions regarding DarkGDK.net, first I have converted a program I was making in DarkBasic Pro to Visual Basic and my FrameRate has gone down considerbly between the two. In DarkBasic I was getting about 400fps and in Visual Basic i'm only getting about 75-80 FPS, which is still well good enough but I was wondering if anyone knew why this is, the DarkGDK says that FrameRates where better than DarkBasic Pro. My other question is when I startup my program the first thing that happens is a window that says "DarkGDK.net Application" pops up for a second then it goes to fullscreen and my program runs normally. I was wondering how to remove that from showing up or at least changing the title of the window. I have tried using the set window title command at the very begining of my program but that only shows once its actually running.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 01:47
This question has been asked before, but it's not that the FPS has dropped, DGDK and DGDK.NET will always sync to your monitor's refresh rate.

Paul.

Abundance = Choice = Freedom - Scarcity = Dependancy = Control, Truth!
James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 11:44
It doesnt sync to your monitor if you force disable vsync in your drivers.

However in the example i posted long ago, the drop was extreme.
Was around 100fps in DBPro and over 1 minute per frame in .NET.

I believe the slowdown comes from .NET itself and loops (while, for and so on) because i got a huge slowdown with an empty loop aswell.

Using Dark GDK.NET

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:26:44
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:26:44