Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] X10 Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 04:02
I would like to buy X10 buy I have a questions about it:
-Will the editor screen be the same or similar to the original FPSC
-Will the current model packs and other custom entities, segments ect.work with X10
-Will it use the same scripting language
-Will X10 have multi player

Thanks.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 06:48
yes
yes
most likely althogh it will be dark ai
yes
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Nicholas Primiano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 22:16
Thanks

<\(nprim)/>
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 07:25
What about pricing for users which purchased fpsc less than 4 months ago? I would like to have known to hold onto my money for a while,especially since I am sitting here not using it anyway waiting on a vista compatible version, twidling my thumbs, trying to code stuff in db pro instead.

I am very not happy, especially since I had the other member of my team buy it too, thinking we would get a free upgrade to x10 when it came out, since vista release was so obviously close at the time.

I keep getting conflicting stories, some say yes it will cost, but no price idea yet, then another said if you purchased less than 4 months ago the upgrade should be free.

Please help me understand if I bought something I can't use.

Ken Cornett

PS. Lee / whoever please email me storm3@twlakes.net with info if you can. Call me if need be to confirm it or anything. If answers are no free update, please remove my key, issue a refund and I will mail box w/ dvd back to you.

Thanks.

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Pain Brings Reality...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 07:36 Edited at: 2nd May 2007 07:41
Quote: " answers are no free update, please remove my key, issue a refund and I will mail box w/ dvd back to you."

Why should you get a refund?You bought the currnent version of FPSC for DirectX 9.
Nowhere in the ordering system does it say when FPSC x10 or new products like that come out you get them for free.
FPSC x10 is a different product.
Lee is working on the latest upgrade for this version of FPSC.
Quote: " thinking we would get a free upgrade to x10 when it came out"

Since nobody has confirmed this and...as a matter of fact...it has been posted on a variety of occassions that current FPSC users will have to pay for x10 why would you believe you and your buddy would get a free upgrade to a whole new product for what is essentially a whole new system?
That's pretty lame...
And why would when you purchased FPSC make any difference?
I purchased FPSC well over a year ago and if I want x10 I have to pay for it and so does everybody else.
It would be nice if people who bought FPSC did get a discount or if TGC cut them some kind of deal (hint...hint Rick Vanner )
If you have issues with FPSC then you need to contact Customer & Billing Support.

Edit: On a related note if you watched the vid available in the current newsletter you will see the editor is a lot different from the current one.
It would be nice if we had those sliders to make the adjustments in this version of FPSC.
I'm getting more memory in a few days,a DirectX 10 graphics card shortly since they are now available for about $100 and Vista sooner or later.
I plan on getting FPSC x10 sooner or later.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 07:39 Edited at: 2nd May 2007 07:40
Of course you have to pay for X10! it's not much and it's not an update but a totally new product Jeez the people in this community these days, expect everything on a golden platter for free Seriously what did you expect?
Slayer_2
(Edit/P.S.) Beat me to it Fred. BTW Sorry for the flame but really

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 11:04 Edited at: 2nd May 2007 11:06
i was going to make a thread with about some questions but seeing that there is allready one (BTW im not taking over) but:

-Will X10 have a good FPS with just 1 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX?

-Will X10 have more features for multiplayer and menu?

-How much will FPSX10 Cost? (DONT FLAME ME) plz

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "-Will X10 have a good FPS with just 1 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX?"

Are you crazy! You have an 8800 and you don't know? Wow, you must have some cash, lucky man. X10 will cost around the same as the X9 version, so about $50 (AUD).

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 14:02 Edited at: 2nd May 2007 14:09
i know what it is it is just if it is gets the same FPS as the 8600 ill get that like my other pc...

EDIT:
ow and BTW if your wondering why i getting a new computer with 8800 its cause th other one has been broken the guy how built it for me did not do a good job. and also im using my laptop right now.

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 17:24
okay that is my point exactly, calling me lame, thats really kewl from a moderator! Here is my point to answer your questions in response, if the x10 version costs the same as the x9 version, then it has everything to do with why I'm p'd off that I could have waited for the x10 version and just bought that one, and yes when I bought it has alot to do with the situation since Lee and the other Game Creators Knew they were planning or already developing a much better product for the same price, which did virtually the same thing as the product I was looking at buying only better. So they should have said here, we'll send you this version for now, but when the new x10 version comes out it will cost you like another $10.00 for it, if you want it, or you can wait on it, if your not in a hurry to develop something right now.

and 50th'ly, the time also makes up alot of my point, here is another huge reason why, when I purchased fpsc, they knew that vista was coming out, and that the majority of their users would have or would be getting it, so for them not to support it, or offer an upgrade to people that would most likely be running an OS, available either when or soon after they purchased an item, a mere warning on the purchase page, such as warning! This product Runs Like Crap on Vista! If you need vista compatibility, please wait and don't waste your money, but instead purchase the x10 version do out in 4-5 months.

Thanks for nothing, its funny all the other game engines I have purchased were more than up front about everything, and new upgrades were available for free or little cost.

Pain Brings Reality...
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 17:38
StOrM3, I can see some of your points. However, Vista was coming out even before they started working on FPSC X10.

If you read the MSDN you will see why it getting FPSC X10 is not free nor an upgrade. X10 uses a new pipe system and multiple systems that do not exist in X09.

The "lame" part was not directed to you as a person but to the comment of "I want FPSC x10 free of charge".

In addition, if you knew Vista was close to being release (thus DX10) why did you not do some investigating and see what was being developed? What was the wait time, price, etc.

When I buy a product I do not just go to the developers website and look at their store, I browse their forums, look for other people who are using it. Look at what they are coming out with, the price, release date, etc. Do not buy things blindly thinking you will get free upgrades to everything.

From what you have stated, I should be able to buy Microsoft XP Professional right now (today) and post on Microsoft's website that I should recieve a free version of Vista Profession (Ultra Edition) because they released it.

thats my 2cents.

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 17:38
I think you're confusing an upgrade with an entirely new product. Let's take Torque for example; it went from $100 to $150, when they added more/better tools and code. TGC has already said that FPSC will continue to be improved on; even as many people have said here that they will not be upgrading to Vista, due to price and compatability issues with that operating system.

Further, TGC hasn't said whether or not they will offer a reduced price for FPSC X10 for those that have bought FPSC....so why is everyone jumping the gun before they've even put out that info in an actual page/thread created by TGC staff?

I don't know any company that has a line next to their product that says "save your money, we're making something better". What TGC has done is create an engine that takes much of the work out of creating a First Person Shooter, for a very inexpensive price. Now they are doing the same thing all over again, and creating something that can give Indy developers an edge in today's "Next-Gen" market...again, at a very inexpensive price.

If you're happier with other companies' policies towards upgrades and new products, perhaps you should ask TGC for a refund and move on.

-Keith

StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 18:00
I did do some investigating, but at the time, the only thing stated was that they were working on a Direct X 10 version, nothing stating it was going to cost more etc.. Also, as for an example of a company selling xp and then upgrading to vista for free, how about Dell selling PC's with xp on them about 3 months before the vista release when they started including a free upgrade coupon to vista when it was released.

Just my 2 cents, believe me if when I purchased it, I would have read anything about the newer version having to also be purchased I would have waited. I know, I shouldn't have started this here, it was the wrong thing to do, I will email TGC directly, I'm sorry to create a heated topic like this. I normally don't do this, I mean I have used Dark Basic Pro and all its addons for quite a while now, and have never felt like this, but this time I felt like I got truely blindsided.

As for Torque, I have Torque -> 1.42 and even the RTS Starter Kit, I own almost every game system out, believe it, besides the Quake engine, and Unreal Engine 3, because of price obviously. But 3DGS got it, and alot of others but I'm not going to sit here and turn this into an advertisement for other engines, I respect TGC to much for that.

So let me just apologize now, for posting this in the wrong place, I was tired late last night after working on a game, and for some stupid reason decided to go off in the wrong place. I agree their price for this system is great, for what it allows you to do, my grievance was one of principle, and entirely not public.

I'm sorry, for any disruption.

StOrM3

Pain Brings Reality...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd May 2007 18:06
I wonder if we can relate this idea to say.... cars? If I buy a new car at the end of the year, just before the new models come out..... nah, I doubt it.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 18:17
Two points.
1. If you buy half Life do they give the whole series away for free then or if you buy a PS One does that mean you get the PS2 and PS3 for free?No.
2. If you wanted the next gen version of FPSC you should have waited for it to come out.It has been posted in more than one of the many abundant x10 threads that this is a new product and everyone will have to pay for it.
It simply sounds to me like you're trying to get both for free.
Your argument does not carry weight.If you wanted x10 you should have waited and bought x10.
One way or another if you want a refund then you have to contact Order & Billing Support.
Quote: "The "lame" part was not directed to you as a person but to the comment of "I want FPSC x10 free of charge"."

Thanks for pointing that out.
We would all like to have x10 for free.But that is not the way of the world or a good way to do business.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 2nd May 2007 18:21
This is my opinion about all this,

surely if you have a PC that supports DX10 then surely you could have x10 on XP, here's an example:

Say me and my brother went out and brought the same top of range Supercompter and I had XP and my brother had Vista, surly we would both be able to have X10. So why is it that we have to have vista to have DX10, what makes it work on vista and not XP?

So what the [bad word] makes it work on vista than on XP.

So theres my opinion.

The Dup

If only you were me... Then You'd understand.
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 18:27 Edited at: 2nd May 2007 18:34
Ok, I tried to drop it, but since someone wants to use the car analogy, lets continue with this concept. Say you buy a car in January, a computerized new car that lets you go places on the roads with no driver, it takes you there automatically. Then say that the owner of the world Microsoft decides they are going to upgrade all the roads to vista in february, and they tell everyone this change date a year in advance, which you knew about and the car manufacturers knew about, so in all likelyhood they wouldn't sell you a car that couldn't be driven one month from now. Now after you purchase the car, drive it for a month, sure enough the roads are upgraded, and you are stuck, can't go anywhere. Would you expect the car manufacturer to upgrade your car to allow it to use the newer vista roads, or should they be allowed to charge you the same price as a whole new car, just to ride on the roads everyone knew would be there in a month. ?!?

I know, its the drugs trust me, see why I make games.. ;') hehehe

Also to note on the other moderators post, NO I am not trying to get both for free, like I said, I have not even used this version for anything. Also, when I bought FPSC, in January there was no post stating we would have to pay for the upgrade. Trust me, I looked, that is why I talked my partner into purchasing it also, since we should both surely get the upgrade for free since we purchased so close to the release date of the new version. I'm not going to argue anymore about this, so please let it drop, I will just email billing and support about this.

I do not appreciate getting slammed by moderators though after I tried to let the post die, and stop an all out flame war. I'm not a Kid, I'm a 33 year old man, and would appreciate a more business like manner especially from the moderators.

Pain Brings Reality...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd May 2007 18:42
I understand your thinking on this, I really do, but I'm sorry to tell you that it's just wrong. There are just as many people buying FPSC today who have no intention of upgrading to Vista. They are buying FPSC because that's what they want to use. I have no intention of upgrading, so an update to X10 is useless to me.

It' been said, and everyone except you it seems, knows that X10 will only work on Vista because of DX10. It is a whole new program, made to work on a whole new O/S. It is NOT an update to FPSC, those are still to come.

To me it's like saying.... I bought Word 2003, and now you should give me the Full Office 2007. Totally different program. As the short period of time between your purchase and the new version, that only reflects on your lack of research, not TGC.

NOTE: And disagreeing with you is not "slamming" you.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 19:29
Your analogy of the car / road is just outrageous.

I agree that your down fall and the reason why you stated your feeling was your lack of research.

Either way perhaps this thread should be locked to stop the flame war.

All in all, you get what you buy and if you feel like you made a bad decision then it is your fault not the company's fault.

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:48