Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Interest From Publishers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 20:05
Yes! Some publishers have actually shown an intrest in my game! And they are waiting for me to send them a demo and some screenshots!

I know this isn't probably that interesting but I just had to get it out of me!

Ollie
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 20:06 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 20:07
Well congrats on that whats the game about?

Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 20:08
An anti-cia organsiation that is trying to bring them down, they kidnap 6 of the best agents and you play as one of them trying to get you and the other 5 to safety

Ollie
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 01:22
So.. Are you going to show us screenshots or anything or is that it?

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 01:30
plz screenshots

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 02:21
How did you approach them, as in what was said by you, what did they say, and who is it, what you think is interest and what is interest may be two different things.

I just happen to notice you are from Derbyshire as I am also. There are already 2 people I have heard of in my town that work in the games industry, I spoke to a woman recently that knew a third, he quit the industry though, plus me that's 4 that I know of and the town only has like 24,000 people.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 02:26
You don't have any threads in the Showcase about this game.
I wanna see it!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 17:42
Okay okay! Lol Some screenshots coming up in the next few minutes...

Ollie
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 17:44
fallen one, I just approached them, by politely saying that I was making an fps game, and would they be interested in looking at it and giving me feedback, and they replied saying that they would be happy to look at it if i post them a demo and some screenshots

Ollie
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 18:00
Heres 1...

Ollie

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 18:37
Who is the publisher?
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 18:59
I just wouldent get your hopes up becuse they could always reject it. But the game looks good.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 22:18
hmm.. its just stock stuff?

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 22:30
yeah nothin good.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 01:09
Apparently, the publisher doesn't know that.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 01:31
As I beleive rolfy said, the stock stuff isn't bad...it's just that WE'RE used to it, which represents say, oh I don't know, 0.5% of the gamers in the world...prehaps less. Though it does need lightmapping.

Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 22:20
I guess it isn't really anything that special, but anyway, I'm having fun making it and that's what matters isn't it?

I will try and post here when I get some more news on the topic...

Ollie
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 22:40
Quote: "Who is the publisher? "

Ill say it again.
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 23:15
Mythopoea Games Inc

Ollie
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 23:17
Where abouts in Derbyshire are you from Fallen One? I'm from the High Peak

Ollie
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 02:02
Yea Im from the high Peak as well, Im situated in Buxton.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 04:18 Edited at: 4th May 2007 04:19
@ Ollie is my name: It seems like you are new here and thats ok because I am not as new as you are, but here is a thread that involved your interested publisher. You might want to read the entire thing. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100909&b=21

Edit: Lostzac, why did you never return to the forums anyways. (For those who did not know, lostzac owns the gaming company Mythopea Games Inc.)

K.L. Phair
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 19:20 Edited at: 4th May 2007 19:22
PAS, thank you for pointing this out, I have read some of the thread but it's three pages! Lol, anyway, overall, are you saying that you think Mythopoea Games Inc is worth me looking into and sending a demo etc., or do you think I should forget it...?

EDIT: Also, I'm quite interested in your game distributing company, Pas, what's the website URL?

Ollie
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 19:23
Fallen One: That's cool, I'm from a smallish village called Hayfield, it's about half an hour away from Buxton, ever heard of it?

Ollie
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 20:30
@ Ollie is my name: The only thing about Mythopea Games is that a lot of people were suspicious of them and probably still are. A lot of people did not like the design of their website and all, as well as taking high fees. They did make a lot of claims, whichno one knows if they cna back up. One positive thing I cna say, is that they are registered with the ESRB. I sent the ESRB a letter and asked because they mad a claim for one of their packages, that they would give the game a ESRB rating. The ESRB rating only really applies ot the US, but if you do get it it will open doors as many big retailers here only take games with a ESRB rating.
I cannot say whether you should or should not go with them. If you sent them like a one or two level demo I do not see how it would hurt. I would sya use your own discretion. I cna say thta if they cna do everything they say they cna do, they could get your game out there better in retail stores. I am workign with Nano Games and we have come into som obstacles with retailers, especially since I cannot get a ESRB rating for their game as I am not a ESRB member.
You would be the only person I know about in th eforums that would have used Mythopea Games. So, just do what you fele would be right. If you do nto have any custom media in the game and if you are not expecting anything in return, then I would say try it. Because if they were not legitimate then you wouldnt have lost anythign as far as custom content is concerned. If you do decide to use them, then let us know if they do everythign they say they can. That way other people here could find out.
I wish you hte best of luck in this. My website is at http://www.egamestudio.com and there ar elinks at the bottom for different options. The Game Distribution link and the Sell through us. Those are two different options. I will be honest and say that if Mythopea Games is legit, then they could take your game much farther on the mainstream retial market. I am focusing on different startegies now based upon the latest experience I have had here. I am doing a different marketing plan then before focused on mroe direct sales onstead of third party sales. So, we will see how that goes.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 20:40
Quote: "Fallen One: That's cool, I'm from a smallish village called Hayfield, it's about half an hour away from Buxton, ever heard of it?"

Yep, Ive heard of it, I'm sure that's where they filmed the TV show Last of the Summer Wine, didn't Thora Heard come from there, or was it Vivian Westwood the fashion designer, or perhaps it was both.

The DJ Dave Lee Travis was originally from Buxton, as was Tim Brooke Taylor from the Goodies, Im sure the other Goodie member was from Buxton as well, not Bill Odie, the other one.

My mum reckons the actor David Niven was from Buxton but I have found nothing that substantiates this.
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 21:01
Pas: Thanks I think I will Mythopoea Games Inc a try and see what goes on.

Fallen One: I'm pretty sure that Last of the Summer Wine wasn't filmen in Hayfield and I'm not sure about those actors.

Ollie

I already gosth one!
Dreadfully Despized
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 15:10
good luck but I hope the Framerate being at 18 is not a constant in your game.
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 15:15
@ Dreadfully Despized - Thanks, o ermm.... how would I change that...

Ollie

I already gosth one!
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 23:03
Changing the framerate.... lot's of doors seperating rooms, not tonnes of entities in one room.
With good lighting the stock media can - excuse my leet - pwn.

E.D.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 23:21
So doors act as portals, so the game renders what is in a zone, the doors act as portals to define zones. break the map up into areas if you like, I posted about optomisation here before and wanted to know how the engine handles things, unfortunately no one answered, so perhaps they didn't know, as the engine does these things for you, one doesn't necessarily know, especially if you are a hobbyist, but I do think it is useful to know how the engine handles things so one can optomise its performance and get the most out of it.
bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 03:34 Edited at: 6th May 2007 10:12
@Ollie is my name

Make sure you get some high or descent framerates before giving your game to publishers, because you surely wouldn't want any recalls if the game played badly.

I commend you on making this effort just like others have done.

Take Care..
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 13:38
@ Everyone: Thanks, and PLEASE can you read my other post about an error I keep getting, I really need some help, anything

Ollie

I already gosth one!
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 16:10
I looked on the Mythopea games website a moment ago and they have one good game called Devastation Zone thta looks good. So you will have some competition Ollie is my name.

K.L. Phair
Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 18:58
Yeah... but I can't make my games in to .exe format at the moment anyway, please read my other post about it

Ollie

I already gosth one!
Lowell05
Years of Service
User Offline
I enjoy playing FPSC created games even if they are completely created with stocked media, I am just intrested in seeing how work was put into creating the game, like the story, the level design, all that kind of stuff. However I must admit, I do enjoy the game created by FPSC with more then just stocked media, more then I enjoy the fully stocked media games. I liked the screen shot though.

Lowell Richard Lowe 3rd

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:30:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:30:28