Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 09:04
I have never used FPSC before, but seen some videos and screenshots. i am thinking of getting it but i got a question about it. Is it possible to make a huge world in it, maybe if you change the scorce code or something??? (example: the elder scrolls: oblivion)

i heard you can only make 50 levels, and that ain't much, for that i'm going to make

Check the closet an extra time, i might be in there!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 09:19
Quote: "i heard you can only make 50 levels, and that ain't much, for that i'm going to make"

The size of the level map is hard coded.I am not sure you can make a game more than 50 levels.
I can tell you that maybe you should try out the software before you think you can make such a huge game.
Very few people can push FPSC to its full potential.
If you are wanting to make a game like Morrowind you might be better off looking at Dark Basic Pro or some other enigne.
FPSC is not well suited for Morrowind type games.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 18:17
FPS Creator can really lag if you make a level too big.

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
you have to "Optimize" your levels
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 02:55
Of course you can make a game like Oblivion

It's not just guns and enemies in FPSC, make loads of NPC characters and give them different behaviour attributes using scritps

Then go download the NPC talking / conversation scripts from here to make them interactive

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65207&b=23

There is a bunch of other useful threads around the forums which lend themselves to an RPG style game

Quote: "Is it possible to make a huge world in it"

See for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-_UIsGZ0IM

Quote: "If you are wanting to make a game like Morrowind you might be better off looking at Dark Basic Pro or some other enigne."

Well yes but unless you have a pretty good grasp of programming then you can add hands on DBPro volumes 1 and 2 to your order which each cost as much as the software. If you want to make a serious RPG i.e. stats heavy then be prepared for lots of coding and longer development time.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 03:03
If you want to make a game like Morrowind, don't buy FPSC. End of story. You'll always have the people like Nomad Soul trying to show that FPSC can do it. But it can't. It may be possible with X10, I don't know. But with this version, you aren't going to make a game like Morrowind. I would go around the showcase forums and download the demos of games and see what has been reached with FPSC. I'm not putting FPSC down, it just isn't meant for games like that. But like I said, go and download some demos and see what type of games FPSC can make.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 07:46
Quote: "Well yes but unless you have a pretty good grasp of programming then you can add hands on DBPro volumes 1 and 2 to your order which each cost as much as the software."

That's true unless you are like me and got DBP for half price when it was on sale.Then the books cost more.
I might also point out that there are a wide variety of tutorials and a wealth of information for DBP on the TGC forums.
I do believe you can make an RPG with FPSC.I am making one now as a side project.
But it requires a lot of work and if you are expecting something like Morrowind this might not be the ideal engine.
Just my two cents' worth.

Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 23:50
Quote: "i heard you can only make 50 levels, and that ain't much, for that i'm going to make"

50 levels is loads, man! Lol, you've got to rememeber that each level can hav loads of layers as well, so you could have a really tall complex building...

Ollie

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:40