Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Sales, Sales, Sales-Selling your FPSC game and taking 90% of the profits!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 00:36 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 00:47
Anyone who has watched my threads knows that I offer a store sales service. From digital distribution to manufacturing your games. Well, these fees range from 15-25%. I found another alternative for someone to sell their FPSC games. You can now sign up at EGameStudio and partner with us as a affiliate vendor. You handle the shipment of your game and whether it is digital or regular distribution, (if it is standard packaging you provide your own packaging), and the store takes 10% for letting you use the store as well as for processing. We have just officially started the promotion of the site and have been attracting people before we started promoting. So, you can sell your game with some benefits.

1.Low fees.
2.You control your profile on there.
3.You can view your sales statistics as well as percentage of earnings.
4. You can have an outlet to distribute your game without a bunch of red tape.

Since you would be selling your game through us as an affiliate vendor, we will not make you go through a huge approval process. Your game just must look good and play good. I started this service mainly for people to sell their used games, but thought that this community could use it to for people who do not want to go into big contracts and just want to focus on using the store to reach customers, while not having to give up a lot of money in fees.

Each affiliate vendor would brand themselves, and there is a separate category to view only that affiliate vendors products. We also have a banner advertising program in place. Go here to http://www.exposedgamer.com and on the banner you will see a random game selected with all the product info. This was added to promote actual games in the store with the product info and photo. The program randomly selects a game to display. We have several websites that have been changed to show these banners on every page. The pages will grow and so will our website network, which results in more advertising for the games for sale.

We also have the affiliate program which will help promote sales and a prize program where people play to win prizes. While they are waiting to see what they won, advertisements for the games show up.

I am also doing radio spots in select cities as well as TV commercials in select areas. So, this is a serious project that will grow over time. Its an alternative as I said, and no one is expected to use it. If it is something appealing to you, then feel free to contact me about it.
Thanks,
PAS

K.L. Phair
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
many spelling mistakes...
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 00:42 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 00:43
Quote: "many spelling mistakes..."

always are with Pas...
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 00:45 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 00:48
You know why my posts always have edits, because thats what I did. Spellcheck. LOL. I am a terrible typer. Ill go fix them.

As you all know my typing is terrible. I spellchecked it.

K.L. Phair
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 00:53
It's the thought that counts.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 01:23
Thanks Keith. Since youre here, whatever happened to that puzzle game you talked to me about?

K.L. Phair
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 01:28
Still working on it; I'm in the process of making the menu graphics look more professional and functional. RoastedSnow was hashing out how to enable a mechanism that allows people to download and install extra "theme packs" for the game. He's got most of the math done on it, I just have to stop procrastinating on the graphics end.

We may be looking for a professional music guy though, depending on whether or not the Old Man comes back. Then there's the site for the game and all the advert work to do.....

-Keith

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 01:47
-keith I'd be down to do some tracks for you. I make beats anyway:
click here for beats!

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 02:50 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 02:52
Keith OK. I have not forgotten. I have been waiting to hear form you about it. I am sure with all these developments its going to be a good game. I am finishing up the details with Nano Games title that I am turning into a Special edition, collaborating with them. I am trying to set up a date and time to hold a tournament here in Ann Arbor at the gaming center at IMAX theatres. Not sure if we can reach an agreement yet to hold a competition, but if we do I will let you know since youre in the state. Keep up the good work with the game and keep me updated on it. I am interested to see how it turns out.

K.L. Phair
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 03:12 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 03:13
Dude seriously, take some pride in yourself and design your site so that it actually looks good. I would never sell or buy anything through a site that my 6 year old niece could have built.

I am not trying to be bashy, but seriously, spend sometime learning about proper design skills.

Business is 90% appearance.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 03:24 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 03:25
Quote: "Dude seriously, take some pride in yourself and design your site so that it actually looks good. I would never sell or buy anything through a site that my 6 year old niece could have built.

I am not trying to be bashy, but seriously, spend sometime learning about proper design skills.

Business is 90% appearance. "

All the people who supply me their games have no problem with the site. Your post is actually funny and if you are trying to bash or not does not matter to me. As far as a 6 year old doing it, whatever. Good luck in your game developments. Thanks for the post.

K.L. Phair
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
You seriously don't get it? Pride man, find it. seriously
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 06:36
Jeremiah, whatever you say. Iam to old to drop myself to that level. As I said, good luck with your games and thanks for your post.

K.L. Phair
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 06:44
Site looks ok to me . few spelling errors but no biggie..
Good luck with the site.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 06:51
Quote: "Site looks ok to me . few spelling errors but no biggie..
Good luck with the site"

Thanks Candle. I know I suck at spelling, but what site is he even talking about? Is he talking about the store or the one I put in the post to display the new banner box that advertises the games. If you could please tell me which site I will fix the typos. Thats not good and I do need to fix that. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 07:04
We appreciate you visiting EGameStudio.Com. We are now open for business and are ready to deliver our United States customers, below retail price, with as much as over 50% off MFSRP. We are always adding and looking for more titles to add to our selection. We Carry Mac, PC, XBOX and PlayStation titles.

We would like to announce that we will holding a presale of Nano Games Outbreak-Special Edition this month. We will have a discounted price of $12 for all preorders. Check back here for more information. This is an exclusive ffer form EGameStudio and is for a limited time after it begins.

Feel free to also view our podcast @ www.EGameCast.Org We will be updating our podcast by 4/10/2007

EgameStudio also has its own affiliate program Where you cna earn cash and free games. You can find out about our affiliate program by clicking here.

EgameStudio also carries independent games form independent developers. If you are a independent developer, then find out how to be distributed by EGameStudio by clicking here. We also are going to be widening our selection of XBox and PlayStation 2 titles within the near future.

We also plan on selling used games within the near future as well.

We also be carrying exclusive content form PAS (Phair Art Studio) as wellas building ties within the gaming industry.

Feel free to contact us and send us your comments and suggestions.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 07:08
Thanks Filya. I appreciate it. Going ot fix that. I must have been blind not to see that.

K.L. Phair
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 07:29
Thats what I seen..I'm not a great speller and I don't sweat the small stuff.lol

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 09:11
PAS as soon as i finsh my game will you be able to do standered distrubution i would have done electirical but my game is over 800MBs in size right now LOL

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 09:53
NOTE:

As far as i remember you must be legally allowed to sign for something like this,Meaning in some country's you must be 18 or 21.Depending on your state/country/whatever.

That is what i remember,OR offcourse,you could use your father and mother to sign it.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 16:34 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 16:37
@ Prince OF Darkness:It is like the forums here. In these forums you must be 18 or whatever age you need to be in your country to sign up. Now with a user signing up on a website, they declare they are 18. As long as the website has said you need to be 18, then it is up to the person to be honest, as you cannot verify that you are really 18. That is why you have people not 18 members here, because you cannot verify it. Honestly though, if I found someone who was not 18 who signed up, I would prohibit them. But there is really no way to verify it. Thats the only downside of this. Signign up online you could be 12 and say youre 18. Just like in these forums, places like Yahoo, etc. you could make yourself older then what you really are. So if someone lied then there is no way to find out unless a legal issue came up. However, if someone did lie, then they should read the policies on the website.

Quote: "Any acts of fraud committed while using our website will be reported to the the law enforcement authorities and EGameStudio.Com will pursue full prosecution for such acts. You must be 18 years of age to purchase or sell a game from or on EGameStudio.Com. If you purchase or sell software or merchandise from EGameStudio.Com you are confirming you are 18 years of age. If you are not 18 years of age and confirm you are and still purchase or sell software or items from or on EGameStudio.Com then that is considered fraud."

So, I am not promoting that anyone under 18 or 21, depending on your country, for doing this. Thanks for the note Prince Of Darkness. Hows your multi map comign along?

@ Jonathan Samson: The only way you could do this, is by having a parent or someone older sign up for it.

@ Candle: I am glad youre not critical on my spelling. However, I am glad it was caught, because I tlaked with Oddlab Studios, (creators of the game Tribal Trouble), and they looked at the site this morning. I am glad they did not find the typos. So you and Filya saved me from looking illiterate. LOL. That is a good thing. I went and spell checked everything. I am sure I may have a type somewhere, but its better then what it was. Hopefully I don't have a typo though.

Edit: Thank you everyone for your comments and support. I forgot to add that.

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 16:47
On these forums anyone of any age may join if you haven't noticed

Anyway,Multimap is terrible.Have deleted the source when installing windows again.So ill have to recreate it.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 17:01
Quote: "On these forums anyone of any age may join if you haven't noticed"

Oh, I thought you had to be 18 but people just signed up whether they were 18 or not.

Quote: "Anyway,Multimap is terrible.Have deleted the source when installing windows again.So ill have to recreate it."

Thats not good. Well, maybe you can have it work with FPSCX10 now too.

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 17:08
Indeed,and i can improve it as heavy as i want now,as i have to redesign its complete system again.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 17:21
shouldnt this thread be called -

Sales, Sales, Sales-Selling your FPSC game and giving 10% of the profits!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 18:35
Oddlab Studios, (creators of the game Tribal Trouble) I LOVE that gave Oddlab rocks. I can't wait till I finish EOT and sell it, it's not rushed or anything, more like the opposite progress is soooo sloowww Then we will most likely sell it through your company PAS.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 19:02 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 19:04
Quote: "Sales, Sales, Sales-Selling your FPSC game and giving 10% of the profits! "

I didnt really think of that. But I am not taking ten percent of the profits. You have to look at the processing fees too. So I am tkaing less then 10% of the profits due to processing fees. But yea, I guess you could call it that too.

@ Slayer222: Thats cool. Its good to take your time. I have been talking with Oddlabs since last year. A lot of the new feature son the website were suggestions from them that they would like to see offered. I do nto know if they will sell through us, but we have had their attention for about 6 months, even before the site was made. I was tlaking to them about manufacturing Tribal Trouble and then distributing it here in the US, a co-op type thing. Then thats how I got the idea for the store. They use Torque and are well featured, which is why I have bene trying to get them to work with me. I would love to see a Tribal Trouble 2. But thats up to them. Maybe down the line we can produce a standard packaging option for them. But thats still in the works of discussion.

K.L. Phair
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 19:23
Thanks Butters, I've got a few beats in my head that I'd like to see (have to find something to compare it to). We'll probably be looking to get someone going on a few tracks once we get closer to completion. This is a casual game, so the music should reflect; the music for the menu will reflect this also.

-Keith

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 23:27
Quote: "They use Torque"
I knew it they probably used the RTS starter kit too!
Quote: "I would love to see a Tribal Trouble 2"
I second that What type of discs do you use DVD or standard or either?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:10
Quote: "-keith I'd be down to do some tracks for you. I make beats anyway:
click here for beats!"

Butters is there anything you can't do??

And @Pas I really like this idea, I have 2 ideas for games I want to sell..... after I'm well known enough for good work on these forums.

E.D.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:30