Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Cap on X10..?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 00:30 Edited at: 4th May 2007 01:12
Been wondering for a while, is the release of X10 going to improve the overall engine performance so far as increased FPS? I mean let's face it guys and gals, 30 fps is just about the absolute bare minimum framerate needed for these types of games.

There are lots of systems out there that could easily handle 50-60 FPS with the content being produced by most users. Its a bit frustrating to be forced into this level of performance, especially when during testing mode in FPSC I see the framerate exceeding 200 FPS when pressing the X key!

Does anybody know if X10 going to address or resolve this issue?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
If you had read some of the previous X10-threads, you'd know already.
I've seen screencaps with several cool characters and special settings and FPS over 80, and it was stated long ago that there's no "limit".

That, and the fact that DX10-games will consume less CPU power and memory than current games even with all the fancy effects, means that X10 will be a must buy for those interested in game making without needing to create everything from scratch.
JroX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 01:07 Edited at: 4th May 2007 01:12
Thanks. I actually did read that thread some time ago, but was just getting into the X9 version of FPSC at the time. But I didn't recall if what I read was 'official' or not and wasnt sure. But thanks for the reply.

I understand the great power FPS Creator offers with it's flexibilty and whatnot, but the 30fps thing was a big turn-off for me the first time I used it. But I am glad to see that things are looking up now. I will definitely not hesitate to buy x10 when I upgrade my hardware next!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 01:10
A lot of these questions will be answered when x10 comes out.
Until then I don't think you can be sure of anything.

Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 02:30
I hope you can actually put a cap on the game tho. Just when people have really fast PC they don't play your game at like 150fps instead of say 60-80fps.

I mean think of playing mario at 150fps, sure it be fun but you have to be able to set some sort of limit or else things like timing will be messed up.

I guess we'll see when X10 comes.

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 15:42
Usually everything in a modern game is timer based, so the refresh rate doesn't affect the speed of gameplay. I'm not sure this is the case with FPSC however.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 04:36
Ben's right - chances are, IF lee was thinking (lol) there is probably a timer like almost every modern game, but FPSC doesn't have one now, and I've actually never seen any of Lee's things use a timer based system...most DBP projects have them nowadays, or at least the ones I see.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:22:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:22:20