Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Would you Buy this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:21 Edited at: 9th May 2007 00:50
I've been thinking about selling Enemy Health Huds and scripts so that during a game you can see how close you are to defeating your foes. I have about 60 huds right now and I'm going to make another 30 or 40. But was wondering if anyone would buy them and if so, how much would you be willing to pay? I was thinking $10-$15 USD, but I'd like to hear from you all before I set an official price.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Here's a screenshot of one of the enemies @ full health...

EDIT:

See page 2 for an image without the white background!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:21
Here's another screenshot @ about 60% health...

Attachments

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:22
And another. Nearly dead...

Attachments

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:28
Does the enemy hud works?
Cause i thought it was impossible.

But no i think that 10-15 is to expensive.

If they work and the hud would look better than maybe.

But now its just a picture from the select entity you picked.
And putted a green bar beneath it.
If you made a different picture and made the bar look better.

Maybe 3 different themes or more.
Like 1 modern day,
2 WW2,
3 Sci Fi,

Than it would attract more people.

Anyway good luck with this.
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:38
Looks good, And for that price, no. If you do what cheesecake said then yes. It looks very good, but in its current form I'd only pay £5 for it.

If only you were me... Then You'd understand.
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:58 Edited at: 5th May 2007 22:06
Quote: "Does the enemy hud works?"

yes it works, later I'll build a demo you can download like I did with my CuStm HuDz demo.

Quote: "If you made a different picture and made the bar look better."

Ok. I'll work on the bar, but I want to show the enemies face in the picture. I could just have a bar, but that would be too simple.

Quote: "
looks very good, but in its current form I'd only pay £5 for it."

Thank you. $5 would be fair to the buyer, but not to me if I'm including 100 huds plus all the scripts. I know it's not all that great, but making huds and scripts for each character is very time consuming.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:06 Edited at: 5th May 2007 22:06
Id pay for it. Make them and I will buy them Nue B. Can you make some for X10 too? I think it is a good idea. Let me know if you develop it.

Edit: I forgot to add that I feel it is worth more then $5. I could use it especially for enemy bosses.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:10
Oh sorry I thought you were talking in GBP not USD.

5 GBP is the same as 10 USD.

Sorry for the confusion.

If only you were me... Then You'd understand.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:13 Edited at: 5th May 2007 22:14
Nue B: If you cna make some specific ones for me, Ill give you $15. I dont want 100. Just certian ones for bosses. Could you also insert text for the bosses name. If so I will give you $15 and it will be far less then 100 bosses. Let me know when you have time. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:15
Quote: "Can you make some for X10 too?"

I haven't researched X10 well enough to know what's all possible with it. I'd like to use animated .gif files for Huds in X10. if that's possible, I'll come-up with something useful.

Quote: "I think it is a good idea. Let me know if you develop it."

Thank you PAS. Like I said before, i have only 60 huds right now, I have to make the other 40 later. I don't want to spend my whole weekend on the computer you know. lol. When I finish, I'll promote it a bit on my cheap webpage and probably sale it for like $7 bucks. PayPal always takes their cut so I'll end up with about $5 bucks after everything’s all said and done.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:16
Quote: "Could you also insert text for the bosses name. "

Sure, I could do that. Just shoot me an e-mail with the particulars.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:22
OK. I will get on that by Monday, and you should have it by Monday evening. Thanks. This adds a lot of features to my game that I did not think was possible.

K.L. Phair
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:30
Quote: "Maybe 3 different themes or more.
1 modern day,
2 WW2,
3 Sci Fi,"

I've included all the characters from WW2, Sci-fi and Model Pack 4.

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 22:59
£5/$10 I'd definetley pay, I love enemy health huds.

However I'd like to be able to mod them/create my own.

e.g. Having the bar appear just above the crosshair (semi-transparent)

E.D.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 23:08
Quote: "e.g. Having the bar appear just above the crosshair (semi-transparent)"

The picture and the bar are one. However, I could make just a health bar to go over the crosshairs if you'd like.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 00:42 Edited at: 6th May 2007 04:23
yeah, so...what happens? When you mouse over the dude, the health pops up? If so, that's hot. I'd just have the single bar appear over the crosshairs without a picture.

CAN you edit transparency?

I'd buy.

politics removed

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 02:44
Who cares about Bush?That is a political disucssion and they are not allowed on these forums.
You both have e-mail and IM.Please keep your political rhetoric (opinions) off the forums as per the AUP.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 02:45
Quote: "yeah, so...what happens? When you mouse over the dude, the health pops up?"

I'de like to know a bit more about this too,especially when it comes to multiple enemies.Sounds great though, but for $10, I'd like some comments behind the scripts for customization, or at least some easy way to customize it.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 04:13 Edited at: 6th May 2007 04:48
Quote: "yeah, so...what happens? When you mouse over the dude, the health pops up? "

No. When you are within range of the "dude" the Hud appears. The hud changes as you shoot the "dude."

Quote: "CAN you edit transparency? "

yes, but the window is small enough that it wouldn't block anything of importance.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 04:16
Quote: "but for $10, I'd like some comments behind the scripts for customization"

You can always send me an e-mail of what you want. I'll Reply with a price and you can decide if it's fare. Then use the PayPal Donation button on my page to pay me.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 04:22
Last warning on the politics.Next time there will be moderation involved.It is against the AUP.Please don't do it anymore.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 04:47
Quote: "Last warning on the politics.Next time there will be moderation involved.It is against the AUP.Please don't do it anymore."

I didn't think I wrote anything against policy. But whatever.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 09:52
dude i'd buy it, but I don't have any money. Once I get some lol

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 16:01
No, I wouldn't buy because I would do it myself.
However, I am sure others will buy, so go for it!

My Advice:
1) Make the white area of the enemies hud to be transparent.
2) Make a border around the indicator since the edge of the image won't be there to show how long the guage was.

Good luck with it.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 23:01
sweet if you do MP1 guys then I will probably buy it.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 23:27
Nue B. I will not be able to get that list to you until Tuesday or Wenesday. Fell behind work today and need to catch up. I will let you know when I have emailed it. Thanks. PAS

K.L. Phair
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 00:08 Edited at: 8th May 2007 00:09
Snap, it double posted.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 00:08
I'd just deal with the scripts and save yourself some time. All the huds your doing won't fit the majority of peoples games. Most people will want to see how it's done and make their own.

Save yourself some time and make it more accessible to the public. Can't go wrong like that.

Loc

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 01:59
Quote: "My Advice:
1) Make the white area of the enemies hud to be transparent.
2) Make a border around the indicator since the edge of the image won't be there to show how long the guage was.

Good luck with it."

Will Do. Thanks!

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 02:03
Quote: "I'd just deal with the scripts and save yourself some time. All the huds your doing won't fit the majority of peoples games."

Unless everyone is using character that are foreign to FPSC I think a lot of the huds will be useful. The script is the easy part anyone can make the script. The Hud images with the health bar is the time consuming part. I have to make multiple huds for each character.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 02:23
Quote: "Unless everyone is using character that are foreign to FPSC I think a lot of the huds will be useful."

mine will primarily be my own characters, that's why I prefer an easily changeable script with comments on how to change. Otherwise it won't do me any good.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 05:12 Edited at: 8th May 2007 05:14
Quote: "mine will primarily be my own characters, that's why I prefer an easily changeable script with comments on how to change. Otherwise it won't do me any good."

If you know anything about .fpi scripts you shouldn't have any problem making changes. What I'm going to do is not make full .fpi scripts, but just enough that you can add the code to any .fpi file that you would use for the characters shooting script. (e.g. snipe.fpi, chase.fpi, etc.)

Edit:

I just finished making the images transparent and I have outline boxes in an assortment of colors. I only have to make a better looking health bar. I'll post some screenies later.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 05:22
Aren't most of the huds just diffrent levels of health? If so, a way to simplify things:

A) Make all the pics of the characters WITHOUT health bars
B) Make health bar (say, 0,10,20,30,40, so on or whatever other interval you prefer)
C) Instead of loading 1 hud in the script, load 2. First the character, then the loading bar (Well, maybe like 11 huds, depending on how you do the bar )

Voila! Quite simple, but saves you ALOT of time. Good Luck

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 05:43 Edited at: 8th May 2007 05:45
Quote: "A) Make all the pics of the characters WITHOUT health bars
B) Make health bar (say, 0,10,20,30,40, so on or whatever other interval you prefer)"

That's what I've done. Only I haven't got to the health bar yet.
Here's a screenshot of the new image without the background. I also put a border, but it looks really big without the white background.

Edit:

yeah, I'm really thinking I'll leave the boxes out. I'll keep them in the pack if anyone wants it, but I think just the image and a health bar would look nice.

Attachments

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 06:38
it looks good, dude you might wanna make the character in the box alittle bit bigger, then feather him so he will be about the same size he is now but the edges are blured and theres no white

other wise it's looking good

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 17:28
Quote: "the edges are blured and theres no white "

The edges aren't blured, it's just the screenshot. Whenever I compress a .bmp file into a .jpg file it blures the resulting image.
However, the Hud it's self is fine. I took the white background out because that's what I thought everyone wanted. the box is seperate from the character's image so you don't have to have it at all if you don't want it.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2007 04:54
Hey.
I personally say screw the picture on the bottom left, and have just the health bar appear. The player will understand whom their dealing with.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2007 05:02 Edited at: 9th May 2007 05:17
Thats a nice border, but ...
I meant a border around the health bar not the person.
I had another thought too... you could place the health bar vertically beside the person, instead of under.

OR

The health bar could be the background of the image of the person and go transparent as it depletes.
(from top down)

You could change the color from green to yellow to orange to red as it goes down.
I like that because I can tell what the health is out of the corner of my eye or at a glance.

Quote: "Hey.
I personally say screw the picture on the bottom left, and have just the health bar appear. The player will understand whom their dealing with."

But,
What if you are displaying more than one enemy at a time?
The pics are very useful.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 04:24 Edited at: 10th May 2007 04:50
Quote: "You could change the color from green to yellow to orange to red as it goes down.
I like that because I can tell what the health is out of the corner of my eye or at a glance."

Yeah, I'm way ahead of ya' on this one. I don't know if you saw the other screen shots on page one of this thread, but the first one is green @ 100%, the second is orange @ 60% and the last one was red @ 20%.

EDIT:

Here's a new image of a health hud bar that I just made.
It's vertical and in sections. It'll change color as the character takes damage and each box is outlined. The outline will remain transparent when the characters health is lowered. Please tell me if this is something you all like. I was also thinking of making circles so you can use either when you buy the Health Hud Pack.

* As I mentioned before the Hud image it's self is very clear. The screenshot looks blurry because I compressed a .bmp file into a .jpg file.

Attachments

drb1992
Years of Service
User Offline
how do the huds work, like do there health appear after you shoot them once, or like when you get near them. how do they work?
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 05:14 Edited at: 10th May 2007 05:20
Quote: "how do the huds work, like do there health appear after you shoot them once, or like when you get near them. how do they work? "

When you're near them. Then the hud changes colors as you shoot the character.

Edit:

Here's a screenshot of five huds I made. Sorry for the noise.

Attachments

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 05:36 Edited at: 10th May 2007 05:37
Okay, I'm going to start work on the actual Health Hud Pack tomorrow, so if anyone has any final suggestions, please post before 5pm. I get off work @ five, but I'll periodically check the forum while @ work.

This is what I plan to include:

Quote: "

1 HTML file with pictures and Instructions on how to easily add the huds to any .fpi script for any corresponding character.

10 health Huds. (5 squared and 5 circular)

33 Character huds

9 outline boxes for the character image or anything else you can think of. (.dds files)"

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 06:42
sweet everything's looking good.
When theres multipe enemies, is it going to be a whole bunch of mini icons, that when you aim at the enmy it will enlarge the mini icon that represents that character...

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 15:06
can it handle more than 1 enemy?

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 17:43
Quote: "When theres multipe enemies, is it going to be a whole bunch of mini icons, that when you aim at the enmy it will enlarge the mini icon that represents that character..."

Not exactly. There's no way for the game engine to track what you're aiming at in FPSC. When you fire a weapon, it sends a raytrace straight in the direction you're facing. At least that's how I understand it to work, if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Quote: "can it handle more than 1 enemy?"

I guess my initial idea was just for one at a time however, I will
Add additional scripts to allow for up to 3 enemies at once. The only real change will be the positioning of the huds. I wouldn't want any huds to overlap.

uber droid
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd pay for it. $10 to $15 in US dollars would be cool...
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 07:30
cool! anticipating it's release

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 09:40 Edited at: 11th May 2007 09:40
If you're going to include Model pack 1 characters into this i will definitly buy it for $5-$10 US

The sad fact is that i can read script, but i just cant write it.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 17:18
Quote: "Yeah, I'm way ahead of ya' on this one. I don't know if you saw the other screen shots on page one of this thread, but the first one is green @ 100%, the second is orange @ 60% and the last one was red @ 20%."

I'm on dial up and the second image didn't want to load. (I gave up quick, sorry)

Anyway, the last image you put up looks good.
Looks like people will buy, so get busy. lol

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 17:47
Quote: "If you're going to include Model pack 1 characters into this i will definitly buy it for $5-$10 US"

I don't own Model Pack 1. I've been thinking about getting it, but I have yet to place an order. If I do, I will add on huds and scripts for the other characters at no extra charge. I'll just e-mail it to everyone who purchases the first release.

Quote: "Looks like people will buy, so get busy. lol "

Yeah, I am. I'm working on the circular health huds tonight and then I have to write the scripts for each character. After that, I'll Make an HTML file where you can see the hud you want in your game. The script will be benieth the image which you can copy and paste into any .fpi file used to make a character shoot. (snipe.fpi, chase.fpi,etc)

I want to make this as simple as posible for the user so I'm also including an install to send all the hud images to the right directory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:30:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:30:39