Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Stand-alone exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 11:26
Hi all,

Can FPSC create Standalone (no external media) executables? And if so, how?

Thanks,
G2L

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 11:43
there is FPS pack but its not free you can get it here www.rastaworld.com but i have never used it.

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 11:55
Quote: "there is FPS pack but its not free you can get it here www.rastaworld.com but i have never used it."

FPSPack is basically useless now.After v1 RastaMan quit working on it.he has promised to update it but has failed to do so.
And he has very poor customer service.
You'll get your product you pay for but it doesn't allow you to use all of the options available in FPSC (most notably save and load),if you have a problem you will be on your own and the protection of your media is practically nonexistant.
It does build a standalone .exe and has some nice options such as keymapping and such.I recommend you look elsewhere.

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 11:59
Quote: "look elsewhere"

Ok. and that elsewhere is...?

G2L

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 12:28
There are several third party products which should enable you to make a stand alone .exe.I can't think of any off the top of my head but a google search might be your best bet.

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 12:30
Got it. Are some free?

G2L

Ollie is my name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 14:01
You can make stand alone exe files simply. While you are in the game, click 'File' then go down to 'Build Game' Select the options you want from each tab, then on the last tab click build game and off you go

Ollie

I already gosth one!
MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 14:56
@Ollie is my name:
Yes, I know about that. I also know that when I "build game" it will create an exe along with some ini files and external media. Sorry for the confusion.

G2L

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th May 2007 17:29
The problem with creating a standalone exe file for an FPSC game is the same problem we see with FPSCPack. In order to put all of the files into one exe, they must be archived (packed). When the game runs, it needs to be able to unpack and use these file, and it can not do so because of the third-party archive.

You can however create a standalone exe installer, using one of the many free install creator programs available. Check my website (links page) for a short list.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 13:37
There is one way I know on how to create sort of standalone exe's, don't know if it will work with fpsc games but you could try it.

this only works on windows 2000 onwards i think.

Click on "Start"->Run-> Type in "iexpress"->Click ok->Click "Create new self extracting ....."->Click "Extract files and run an installation command"->Type in the title of your game->Click "No Prompt"->Click "Do not display a license"-> Add your files->Click next->Choose "yougame.exe" as install program, leave post install program as <none>->Select "Hidden" option-> Choose "No Message"->Choose compiled exe's file name & choose hide extracting aninmation bar->Choose "No Restart."->Choose "Dont save"-> Create package->Click "Finish"

This seems reall complicated but it is actually really straight forward.

Keep-me-laughing.com Rocks!!! Lets all go to codeshare.co.nr!!
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Wizzkid, iexpress wont work. Because it will not allow the creation of a directory structure when building the EXE. The files for an FPSC game must be kept in their designated directory structure or the game will not run.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 17:41
Didn't know if it would work or not, never tried it with fpsc but i know now, aw well. By the way what would you type into google to search for software to compile them into a standalone exe?

Keep-me-laughing.com Rocks!!! Lets all go to codeshare.co.nr!!
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been searching for a program that can take all my game files and put them into one secure file and still allow people to play the game, for a very very long time. I would like to have a demo of some kind that I can test the results after the file has been created. All of the ones that I have seen on the forums are said to be insecure. I have asked many programmers and game makers on other forums and they all say the same thing. They have never heard of such a program.

I have been informed by a reliable source, high on the TGC ladder, that TGC has plans to step in a more secure direction. I have no details and probably will know more when they make an announcement of some kind. They did not give a time frame, in fact the didnt give me anything. They just said that it was going to happen some time in the future. Thats all that was said.

Speculation at this point would be totally useless at best.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 03:46
Vishnu or Phoenix (Vishnu should be in this board, Phoenix in Models & Media) might do the job. They work much like FPS Pack but protect far better. I've never used vishnu, though I have Phoenix (I was a beta tester) and I have to say it's great. DarkFact hasn't put it up for sale yet though, and it won't be free, I think he was aiming for about $25 or so.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 04:05
@ airslide I agree that Vishnu is a very very good protection system but Loc and s4 but I believe someone discovered how to bypass there protection system and there reworking it to make it an even better program. But I don't believe it set's you up with a stand alone executable file. (that may have changed by now though)There product is certianly worth looking into... And you lucky person I love testing out secured systems.... (Im an old timer who used to build alarm equipment for Ademco and Honeywell)

Sorry not trying to steal the thread here...

@ Ganes2live - Getting to hung up on a stand alone executable may be drawback because then the next thing is the icon then the FPSC tags all over the place... I know you want to make this totally your own. The programs that airslide suggested will accomplish the look and feel for your looking for I believe...

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 15:51
Neither app has 1 file. We all have to have a way to save games(gamesaves folder). And everyone wants background and music support(bg.jpg and music.ogg). So theres a couple more files.

Thats why I never chimed in at all about this thread.

Don't think you'll find a way to do one file at this time that the save and load is still functional. Even big time games save to someplace on your HD and have some external files.

Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 15:59
Quote: "Don't think you'll find a way to do one file at this time that the save and load is still functional. Even big time games save to someplace on your HD and have some external files."

I do not think you will either. Mainly because of how FPSC runs. There is one way but I don't see anyone developing that way because of the time it takes. (Perhaps I will be wrong) but it will still at minimum be 2 files (1 exe, 1 data).

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:21:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:21:30