Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / In Game Music Volume

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I have played a few games that other people have made and noticed on some of them that the In game music is louder than the music in the game im making is there a way to make the in game music louder on fps creator, or do I need to use some kind of music editor that makes the song louder, if so does anyone know of any program
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 10:50
Open the setuplevel.fpi

In the languagebank\mygame folder

You'll see a sound number.

Make it BIGGER.

E.D.

drb1992
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thx
drb1992
Years of Service
User Offline
ok nvm I don't understand what you are saying so can you be more specific or like use pictures.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 01:20
Okay im sure the mods wont mind if I use this as an example

here is your way to get to your setuplevel.fpi file there talking about...

now open your file with your notepad

now once open look at the begining of the script like this in the code section

Notice where it says musicvolume=50 this is where you make your change....

Now remember the example I used is the arena map that comes with FPSC you have to go to your appropiate directory where your game you are making is in.

Hope this helps...

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
drb1992
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I have tested that on 1 of my games and I went from 50 to 60 it worked fine but didnt seem to make a difference so I did 100 it worked fine then I tryed 200 and it gave me an error, it sayd illegal sound or something like that, so I tryed 150 still messed up, then I tryed 101 worked fine, after this I did not try to go to 102 or anything like that, but the thing is that it did not seem to make a difference in the sound. Also I changed the sound scale to 1000 from 25 and it did not mess up does the sound scale have anything to do with it (I did not change the sound scale to 1000 until I had already tryed changing the music level, so the sound scale did not mess it up) so can you help me or something
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Where did you get the sound from?Sounds like it may be that the volume in the original file is too low or it may not be compressed very well.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 12:15
This is what the Wav files sample at in the FPSC Audiobank the one's in Wav format

Bite Rate: 1411 kbps
Audio Sample Size: 16 bit
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 44 kHz
Audio Format: PCM

Explaination---------

Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) is a subclasses of the Microsoft waveform (.WAV) file format. In PCM, data for .WAV files is stored using linear samples.

How PCM Works

PCM works by taking discrete samples at even intervals (called the sampling rate). Common intervals are 11 kHz, 22 kHz, and 44 kHz. The higher the sampling rate, the better the representation of the original analog wave and the better the sound quality. Each sample is a real number with infinite resolution from +1.0 of full-scale value to -1.0 of full scale value. Because these must be stored as finite-precision digital numbers, the data is truncated to either 16-bit PCM or 8-bit PCM, commonly called 8- and 16-bit samples. 16-bit data has more resolution, so the digital waveform sounds better. 8-bit PCM has less resolution, causing audible hiss in the waveform. It also requires less disk space.

In the attributes there are 3 ‘options’ you can choose from… Bits, Hz and Mono/Stereo.

NOTES: (You can learn and apply)

The more Bits. The larger the .WAV file will be. (more Kbs)
The more Hz. The larger the .WAV file will be. (more Kbs)
Stereo format makes larger .WAV files then Mono format.

When converting a .WAV, you cannot improve quality by making it more Hz.

When converting a .WAV, you cannot improve quality by making it more Bites. (8 bit to 16 bit etc.)

When converting a .WAV, you cannot improve quality by changing Mono format to Stereo format.

Microphones can ONLY record in Mono format. (Unless you have 2 microphone recording function). Some software like FL Studio has the mono feature in the software.

What does this all mean…
Taking an 8 bit, 11,025 hz, mono wav and converting it to 32kb 22,050 hz, mono. DOES NOT improve quality. ALL IT DOES IT MAKE A LARGER file! In fact, it has to 'make up' more bits and therefore, can 'ruin' a sound file.

** Quality of a .WAV always depend on how it was recorded in the first place

** Making a wav format more or less bits or hz can ruin the sound quality of a wav. I would recommend that you test the changed format before you destroy or delete the original sound file.

** Convert attributes to closest original format possible!!!!

I typically use the above attributes as described in ‘step by step’ directions rather then spend the time on each individual wav. Across the board this seems to be closest average to all wav formats. Unless it is a song originally recorded in stereo. Then I will atleast keep the stereo format.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 14:19
Quote: "Microphones can ONLY record in Mono format. (Unless you have 2 microphone recording function). Some software like FL Studio has the mono feature in the software."

Some microphones have stereo recording capability: http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_ECMMS957.html

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:59