Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / COLLISION type POLYGON and Textureing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
DL.ed the entity maker from fpsc dl page started experimenting?
on the collision type option /polygon will this make bullets hit only solid areas of model ? (example prison bars bullets only hit bars and travel through gaps) modles i tryed polygon with seemed to kil frames , (5 same models and 9 floor tiles)
if i use /box collision will this make the bars 1 solid unit . no passing through bars ?

ok now textureing ?
to create the .x from .obj i used the DBconv.
only prob i found the creation of material file after final convert into fpsc textures seem to have lost there original model scale and a few showed there seams kinda like tiled effect.

more info.
most textures i have created are in 512x512 so i can crop and use area without pixelateing also 256x256 will lose original positioning, any-tip or tool out there to help or what am i doing wrong.

go easy these are my 1st models and imports to fpsc.

cheers
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 21:20
What are you asking? I dont understand..

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, i was kinda doing 5 things at once when i posted
il keep it simple,

what is collision -option- (polygon) in MakeEntityFromXFiles ? <--- free entity maker on the fpsc DL page

how do i keep original texture placeing and scale after/while converting from .x to .fpe <--or whatever fpsc uses.

if .x model is allready textured do i need to re apply/point to texture in the user folder that is offerd by MakeEntityXXXXXXX?

((one texture from original model did manage somehow to get converted and placed in fpsc with ''use texture option left blank in make-entity,, yet others i had to point to in make-entity as i was left with an ugly grey thingy thing, it was doing this that totaly messed up the scale of textures. maybe my next question has summit to do with it))

theres 2 directx .x file types (binary) and (ASCII) offerd on software im using (it has these option for a few others like 3d studio, truespace , 3d metafile etc)
what is the best format to use when create entitys with MakeEntity ? does one work better than other in make-entity ?

finaly , is MakeEntityFromXFile the only free tool for the job ?

thanks again

puppet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2007 01:08
collision option is just that, you pick the type of collision you want your entity to have. some have more polys than others. If you are making a crate pick "box" this will also work for many other entities. it basically takes the bounding box of the entity and makes a collision in that shape ( the bounding box)
polygon - I think it takes the entity you made and duplicates it as collision - very expensive but accurate. good for ground terrain that you will be walking on for instance.
reduced - same as polygon but reduces the polycount before converting to collision
i forget what the others are but thats the idea

If you have the entity already UV mapped that will export with the file when you make the .x file and when the game optimizes the.x file as a DBO ( or is it BIN) it keeps all the info. when you use the entitymaker have the texture in the same place you ahve your.x file so the maker can find it automaticly when you get to the stage where you take a screen shot of your new entity. If you keep the .x and the texture file in the same folder ( if you move them to somewhere other than the folderyou created them in) all you need to type into the "texture" field is the name of the texture. if you have the entity in one folder and the texture in another then you need to define the path. you can do this by editing the .FPE

http://www.fpscreator.com/characterstudio.html
for exporting info. seems they recommend binary with compression

lastly...I don't know if entity maker is the only free tool but if you use it correctly theres no need for any other becasue it does the job fine
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers puppet nice 1 m8

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:23:18