Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Tell me how this appeals to you.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 14th May 2007 00:40
I'm currently having problems with FPSC but as soon as work out the bugs I want to start on this a game. I'll have to plot some more but somehow you get thrown into a crazy man's world. Everything is opposite and there is constant techno, and pop music playing in the background. I want to give the world a multi colored vibe as well. The object is to travel through many areas of this twisted world and hope to defeat the phsyco who sent you there. how does this sound?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/jarom01/example7.gif
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th May 2007 00:46
Interesting, but heavy metal would be better for me. Techno and pop would just make it sickening, not strange and scary like acid rock would.

best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 02:11 Edited at: 14th May 2007 02:11
No, Goth-Darkwave-Industrial
like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwje1llvzJ4

what you describe sounds a little like the video game Rez
drb1992
Years of Service
User Offline
ya rock would be better.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 06:29
Quote: "Bizzare - ADJ. Very odd or unusual; queer; fantastic; grotesque."

Bizarro World... Yeah, that's tight.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Audio desing is a very important part of emotional / horror / thriller games, and using only the music you like doesn't usually work (especially if it's the certain song X by artist Y). Just 'cos you have certain music taste doesn't mean that everyone else does, it's the feeling you're looking for to archieve in the game that decides the sounds too.

It's often good idea to use (emotional-)ambience instead of music in twisted/scary events and mixed style of music, so that the songs aren't exactly techno nor rock, but something between them and so on. Rock/heavy easily gives the events that hollywood-ish action feel, techno in the other hand contains so many different variations and different styles that it can be hard to find matching song. And like games like Silent Hill taught us: silence is a sound too.

You also have to be careful with the copyright and licence things, especially if the game's going to be commercial. Making your own sound effects and music is a way to circle these problems, and often gives the game that required "unique" feeling.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:22:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:22:04