Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / editor, lightmap once, test without re lightmapping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 20:31 Edited at: 17th May 2007 03:04
Editor and Building light maps.

we use the editor to make our game, from the editor we can click to test the game it builds the lightmaps, that's fine, but say its been built once, do we have to keep building the light maps, cant we use one we already built before, I notice I have a directory called levelbank inside is a zip file called level1 and a directory called testlevel, I presume thats the lightmap of the last map file I saved from the editor.

If this is our lightmap file cant we just tell it don't re build the light maps, keep the old ones, just fire up and let me check things here. having to rebuild lightmaps every tome i want to do a test to look at lighting is a pain, you should be able to test from the engine and have it use the lightmap it has on its file.

The other option if we want to check over our lightmap is to build the game and then open it up from the file you make.

What I basicaly want to do is make a map and check over the lightmaps, as in open them in a paint program if I want, I also want the editor to use the same lightmaps and not re build them every time, that is very anoying.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 03:01 Edited at: 17th May 2007 03:56
Id say this is a pretty important question, after spending hours building a level you dont want to keep re building it in the editor do you every time you test it in the editor.

What this is all about is I want to mess around with the lightmaps in a paint program, shouldnt be a problem, but looking at the files in the built game Ive tried messinh with the lightmaps but it isnt having it, they come out all black, Ill keep trying and see what I come up with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:21:27