Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Teleporter Acting Strange

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 03:21
I am making a simple file, it has an IN teleporter on layer 5 and a OUT teleporter on layer 8. The two rooms are large, so have two or three floors to them (cant remember off hand).

When i walk through the first teleporter it transports the play to the correct room but its actually above the OUT teleporter, so actually looking down at it. So the player is walking with there head on the ceiling...lol

Ive attached the file, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong, i am using the trial/demo version.

Thanks

Jason

www.awesomeprogramming.com
www.powerusersguide.com
www.makeamazing.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jason Darby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 21:41
Anyone?

I really need to get past this bug asap, for some work i am doing....unfortunately its timesensitive (as always..lol)

Jason

www.powerusersguide.com
www.makeamazing.com
Jason Darby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 11:23
Does no one know the answer to this?

Thought someone out there would know. I really need to figure out why its doing this.

Jason

www.powerusersguide.com
www.makeamazing.com
Jason Darby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 14:38
Ah ok Im getting there

When i do this on the full version it works between layers, on the demo it sticks the player on the ceiling. Ive found a few posts but none suggest this is a bug in the demo version only.

I also have the problem with the teleport sticking (eg the player gets stuck in the out teleport)... this is such a problem if i put both the in and out in the same direction, they only get stuck. So create two rooms, an in teleport at the bottom left with the exit pointing up, then in the second room above it, do the same, this happens on the full version as well as the demo. I can get around it for my purposes, but it would be good to know if this is a known problem (I have posted the teleport sticking file, if anyone is interested).

Jason

Ps I apologise i probably should have put this in the FPS bugs topic area.

[url]www.awesomeprogramming.com[/url]
[url]www.powerusersguide.com[/url]
[url]www.makeamazing.com[/url]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jason Darby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 11:43
I was hoping that at least someone would reply, ive never been to a games forum that ive never had a reply within 24 hours.... am i the only one here...lol

Seriously though if anyone can point me to a FAQ or post that describes bugs in the demo compared to the full version that would be very helpful.

Many thanks

Jason

[url]www.awesomeprogramming.com[/url]
[url]www.powerusersguide.com[/url]
[url]www.makeamazing.com[/url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:40