Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A few questions from a newbie :/

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, got FPS creator a while back, starting to use it more but i have a few questions.

1) When i create a game, where is it saved to?
2) How do i update my FPS creator version?
3) I ordered some model packs with FPSC but they never came (via email) it was a while ago, do i still have a way of retriving them?

Any facts and usefull info or faq's given to new people would be helpful also.

Thanks for your help ^_-
Run3_Kn1ght
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 22:20 Edited at: 21st May 2007 22:21
Hi.

Your fps games are located in
C:program filesthe game creatorsfps creatorfilesmapbank (usually. If you installed it to a different location, it would be different)

Download the new version from the site, then open the zip file with Winzip (can be downloaded from winzip.com) and double click the exe.
Here is the newest version with an installer:
http://files.thegamecreators.com/fpscreator/FPSCreator_Upgrade_104.zip

and the third... well I'm not sure. I suggest you open a support ticket and ask them about it.
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks ^___^ I will probably use this topic to ask more dumb questions in the future :/ Sorry if i sound a little stupid lol.
mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 22:39
3) Look in your Order History in your profile. All your past TGC purchases will be there.
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 01:46 Edited at: 22nd May 2007 02:10
all questions answered ^_-

new one :/
how do i run/host/play a multiplayer game i made and compiled?

Edit: And how do i use waypoints? :/ are there any tutorials for some of these basics ? :S:S:S
apache4ed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 02:36
There is a manual in pdf form in the fps game files. That will tell you how to use waypoints. Also I suggesy you play around with it till you make a game. Ive had fps for 2 weeks now and am still learning how to use ir.

no game to tame
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 20:17
Hi,
I'm always happy to help out a newbie, I had lots of trouble with this one too. Press the orange flag button in your editor toolbar to make a waypoint start (the orange flag with check-mark on it is waypoint editing mode). Shift+left-click on the waypoint stars to make another link to the clicked on star. Drag them around to your liking and remember the big star is the start. Hope that helps,
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Nyllo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 20:46
Hey I have a question, when your making something like a building out of segments, and then want to make another building next to that segment, how do you do that without your wall removing it's self?

PROJECT NAME - Gates: Attack of the Madman
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 10:15
You can't, you put the wall back in by pressing 'M' to get into wall mode.

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i have a few more.
---------------------

In "test game mode" if i have 3-4 enemy entities in/around the same space/zone. If i face where they are inside the game it lags like HELL. Is there a way around this problem/if i build the game will it be reduced.

When i quit a multiplayer test game fpsc locks up

My lights have stopped working

Can i make a charecter keep following a waypoint instead of following the path once then stopping? (Read the manual on this, still didnt explain if i could make it repeat the waypoint)

Sometimes enemy entities are stuck still but are still in the move animation when i start a map

Is there a way to end levels in different ways, etc. instead of getting to a "win zone", winning the level if the player shoots this and that..

What is a good fps and where can i see it on the little yellow bar at the bottom.

Decal sounds often play throught the level even though they are miles off.

------------------------

Thanks, if someone has answers for my problems/questions it would make meh happeh

Win xp Service pack 2
Version 1.04
Map packs 1-2
1 piece of custom media
Ati-radeon x1300 512mb graphics card
2 gig memory

-----------------------

(I have used the manual and search feature, still found no detailed answers for questions)

Thanks,

SquelchyTom
Maxi Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 17:40
Quote: "In "test game mode" if i have 3-4 enemy entities in/around the same space/zone. If i face where they are inside the game it lags like HELL. Is there a way around this problem/if i build the game will it be reduced.
"

-Tru to turn off shaddows and dynamic lighting

[href]http://www.nettklikk.no/cgi-bin/payperclick/clickthru.cgi?id=matsjakobsen92 [/href]
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
i ussualy do when i am building a game :/ how do i turn it off for test game?
Maxi Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 18:04
Test game:

1.File
2.Preferences
3.Lighting shaddows - No lightmapping

[href]http://www.nettklikk.no/cgi-bin/payperclick/clickthru.cgi?id=matsjakobsen92 [/href]
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
o i keep it on that setting anyway =/
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure you add ceilings enclosed areas reduce lag greatly! If your game is wide open it is more prone to lag there are some small was around it but generally try to keep places some what closed in!

Thanks!

hey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:23:11