Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Unbranded? Slogan lies?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 03:16
I noticed awhile ago after building any game...When loading the game even after using ResHacker it starts up in the task bar with your games name of the .exe then it changes to "FPSC Game" which should be the name of the game..as then people notice your game has been made with FPS Creator etc. It may also misinform people. I am not sure this is a suggestion/information post that something to change the .exe values and properties or how to do so without Reshacker which still doesn't fix everything.

Thanks,
Carsen

mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 03:19 Edited at: 22nd May 2007 03:24
There was a discussion on this topic some time ago. I apologize I don't have a link for you so you will have to look for it. It can be changed.

Good luck.

EDIT:
Well I found it faster than I thought. Visit xplosys' website. Evidently there is a tut there on how to do it.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 03:53
You still have to credit FPSC in your EULA even if you hack out all of their information from the executable. So people will know you used it anyway.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 04:23
But who reads all of that?

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 05:05 Edited at: 22nd May 2007 05:06
Carsen, it is ok if people know you used FPSC. It is a game engine. Did you know that with Torque you can buy pre made packs as well? Same as with FPSC. There are many engines that do this such as Lawmaker, Torque, even DBPro has the FPSC packs you can use as well as sprite packs. Just because you use the FPSC engine does not mean you did not make your own things like HUDS, charachters, scripts etc. So dont be ashamed of it. I have used Torque and bought different premade models that I liked. Go here http://www.garagegames.com/developer/torque/contentpacks/ to check it out and see that even the big name game studios use game packs for their content. Nothing to be ashamed of. But yes you can change the icon. There is software for it.

K.L. Phair
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 07:41
Quote: "But who reads all of that?"

Well since spyware and adware has become so prevalent, I always read the EULA and any accompanying documentation before installing a program if possible. You can't be too careful these days.

I also run anti-virus etc. scans on magazine cover discs before using them. I can't remember if it was PC Zone or PC Gamer that once came with an infected cd. They had to include a program with the next issue to get rid of the infection for anyone that had it.

As PAS says there is no shame in using an engine to help you make your creation. Not everyone has the ability to program their own game engine. If it was cheaper I'm sure we would all be using the Unreal engine.
Carsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 07:48
Hey guys thanks for the information I will look into the tutorial by xplosys and I am not ashamed, just seems less professional having a game that starts up saying "FPSC Game", it can discourage some people as A LOT of FPS Creator games are not of very good quality, not saying that you or anyone elses is but there is quiet a few people that make very horrible levels which no knowledge of what a texture or model is..Thanks for the help & comments everyone

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:24:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:24:10