Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Spawn entity when opening doors? + Error on main game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i lag with lots of entities, so i was wondering if say, when i opened a door, i could spawn 2 guys so that the initial lag is not that bad.

Also apparently people (everyone i sent it to) are getting the classic microsoft "send error report" thing, when trying to play the game i built, how do i fix this? i compressed and sent via msn.
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
bump, could use the door help soon i am stuck
jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 19:59
I need the door thingie too. Please help us!

You're the 'th to view this signature!
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
loal jeff people dont like to help so i found out myself.

Put a trigger zone (purple box) infront of the door you want an enemy to appear behind. On the main script (i think) of the zone, choose plrinzoneactivateused. Then on the ifused box, type in the enemies name (tommy machinegun etc...) then place an entity (for this example use tommy machinegune) then scroll down after right clicking it and turn spawn at start to "no" then choose maximum spawn from 0 to 1.

When you step in the trigger zone, the enemy you placed will now spawn. So if you put it infront of the door, you would go through and then the enemy would be at the other side.

Its hard on your first try and complicated, but you can easily do it. I had to find out on own as the peep here lag at answers loal ^__^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:22:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:22:17