Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Curse of the Four Towers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 23:56
Kensupen and I have been working on a new First Person / Adventure / RPG called Curse of the Four Towers.

The website is here http://nerdsoft.home.attbi.com/cotft.html

There are screenshots there too, but here is one of the fight scene:

Thanks
Loki D'Cat - Modeller, Composer, Animator
Nerdsoft Creations
Machine Specs: Athlon XP1800+, ATi Radeon 8500 64mb, 1GB RAM, Windows 2000 AdvSvr
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 00:00
cool , checked out the site and the game looks good!

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
LoKiDeCaT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 00:06 Edited at: 23rd May 2003 00:07
Thanks! We are adding content now for the towers themselves.

Right now functionally you can:

Walk around town
Go into shops
Buy things
Use/Equip things
Go into the first tower and fight some mangy rats.
Get loot and go back to town and sell it.

I need to come up with 24 more monsters, 3 minibosses, and a big main bad guy (I've been slacking a bit.)

We hope to put a demo up to play with soon. This game includes Kensupen's BSP-style .X collision code too (and it's pretty fast)

As it stands,unlocked we're both seeing about 150-200 FPS with almost all the content in. So we're hoping the game works for most people.

Nerdsoft Creations
Machine Specs: Athlon XP1800+, ATi Radeon 8500 64mb, 1GB RAM, Windows 2000 AdvSvr
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 04:25
Very impressive

(Current)-Game entering concept art stages-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-Started modeling buildings and other objects-
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 13:42
Looks great!!! Maybe I just haven't been paying attention (probably the case) but I haven't seen you around much since the old forums. Good to see your still around
After the whole 9/11 and DB Expension thing lot of ppl took off... still wonder what the hell happened to TVJ :S

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
LoKiDeCaT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 14:16
Oh we've been around. We've only not done any development because DBPro was so buggy. With the newest patches, it's finally at a useable state where we can do some fun stuff with it.

The demo's almost done. Tomorrow we'll probably be able to release Beta 0.01 (I'm working on like alpha 0.5)

It's odd, usually with games, I do them just to see if I can, but this time around, i've caught myself neglecting the development because I'm having too much fun with the testing. :-s

Good to see you, too. You working on any fun projects lately?

Nerdsoft Creations
LoKiDeCaT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 14:24
Here are a few new images:

A rat:

A snake:

A bat:

And last but not least:

The game speed (unlocked):

Nerdsoft Creations
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 16:17
The game screenies look excellent, but one change would be good for the text boxes for the shops. Plain blue looks a bit... inappropriate for it. Maybe you could make it darker and have a texture. You dont have to change it if its too hard to do, its only a suggestion.

Any way looks VERY good! How long did it take you and kensupen been working on this?

Quote from my brother:
Quote: " Patience is a virtue... I know that but how does that help me? "

http://www.stellarblue.vze.com/
LoKiDeCaT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 22:20
About 10 days of dev time already (few hours per day). Thanks for the compliment.

The shops will change, we're just awaiting some 2D designs from a guy to put there. (shoulder and head busts of the shop keepers). I think the shops will be just plain blue for the demo, but will change for the release. (2 wks or so)

Today is bug-killing, and some testing. Still playing around with the battle system (making sure it's a smooth transition from level to level instead you OR the monster getting so overpowering you can't proceed.)

The UI, also, is very easy to change, in fact, we're toying with the idea of a Skin chooser for the final release so one can design their own (laff).

Nerdsoft Creations

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:27:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:27:02