Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / shaders and model pack 4

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 18:15
hi it's me again with a shader problem
ok its not really a problem because the models from mp4 are looking really good without shader, but i just wanted to know.

the models from the mp4 are working fine without shaders, but after i give them one of the shaders, the look very strange like they aren't smoothed.
why is this ?

best regards,
kutte128

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
For the model pack 4 characters, open the FPE files in notepad, and look for this line:

effect = effectbank\bumpbone\bumpbone.fx

Delete everything after the equals sign, save and close. Now in your Model Pack 4 folder, delete the .bin and .dbo files. Next time you use the characters, they will look fine with or without shaders.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
kutte128
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 19:54
hi,

yes but then there isn't a shader attached on the model itself.even the bumb.fx looks strange on them but looks fine on the "original" fpsc models.
so there must be something different.

i know it makes absolutely no sense having on old man shining like c-3po but i had the same problem on a model created myself some time ago so i'm really interested what causes this effect

best regards,
kutte128
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Model Pack 4 characters do not have the required textures to use shader effects. They only use a single diffuse texture. That is why if you attempt to use any .fx file with them you will get unexpected results.

If you leave the field blank, they will look fine with or without shaders.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
kutte128
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 11:17
yeah right, they look great without shaders attached.
i created the normal maps and the specular maps but still this effect.
i still have to learn a lot about texturing/shaders so maybe the problems are really my textures.

thanks for your help !

best regards,
kutte128
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 14:17
I don't bother with shader at all, apart from illumination maps, when I try shader they do off things with the lighting and also do an odd negative effect, normal maps look reversed or upside down, like as if it was lit from below. Best leave them alone I think, so I don't use them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:21:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:21:57