Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Entity flipped

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 18:59
In working with both MagicFPS and now Entity Workshop I have noticed that all my models seem to be "flipped" when they get into FPSC. For example, if I have a model with a handle on the left side, that handle is on the right side of the model once it gets into FPSC. (I've looked at the model in 3DExploration, UVMapper Pro, Milkshape, and Hexagon, so I'm pretty sure my eyes aren't deceiving me. I've also looked at other models that I have downloaded from this site, with the same results.)

I'm using V1.05.

Does anybody else have this problem, or is it just me?

Don
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I suggest that when you create you entity you correct the axis. You might have to play with it a little to get it the way you want. Thats what I do and it takes a few minutes but it works.

If there is another way that is easier I would want to know it.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
lundon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 17:33
Thanks, incense, for your suggestion. I'll try that. I had noticed that I needed to turn the x axis 90 degrees when I converted from OBJ to .x, but I had not thought to look in any of the apps for the ability to, I guess you would say, invert an axis.

(I'm also really happy about the timing of your response. I was just about to reinstall FPSC to see if it was version 1.05 that was the villain.)

Thanks, again.

Don

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:17:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:17:19