Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Loading X model in dgdk.net

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems to me that latest version of dgdk.net can't load X models. The C# compiler doesn't return error and graphic screen opens, but there are every mesh that I've made but my X models. Any comment?
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 20:53
Can you provide me with one of the meshes to test against?

Paul.

Abundance = Choice = Freedom - Scarcity = Dependancy = Control, Truth!
tindex
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi paul,
I think by using "my" you thought that there might be something wrong with my models. But I have the same problem with X models included with dgdk.net examples. For example, I tried "statue.x", and I got the same problem.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 00:15
I can only assume that the model you're trying to load is failing due to a shader or something. My polaris.x file which I created in AC3D, uses no shaders, and it loads, or seems to, into the Winforms demo.

The other problem is that until DGDK (C++) has a mechanism for error checking, the DGDK.NET version will not provide a way to check to see if a problem occurred when loading models. I can only suggest that you check to see if the file exists at the path you're specifying before loading the model in your program. It may be that the model isn't being loaded at all because the working folder is incorrect.

Paul.

Abundance = Choice = Freedom - Scarcity = Dependancy = Control, Truth!
tindex
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I put my models in a wrong directory. Thanks. If in DB Pro loading models was like: [load object "models\model.x",ObjectNumber
, ERROR], we could check if ERROR is zero. It seems to me for C++ version, one must do a little bit heart surgery on DB Pro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:18:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:18:18