Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / New info on changing the game icon for FPSC games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There have been many people that want to change the icon of the exe to the games they make with FPSC. There are programs that claim to do this. After many days of trying to change the icon to an fpsc game This is my result.

I have followed the tuts and read the info and scanned the forums. I have used all the recommended tools and programs. I have followed the outlined steps to the letter. After many attempts and many failures. I have come to believe that the Following game EXE icon info can be changed to say whatever you want it to using ResHacker:

VALUE "Comments", "FPSC Game"
VALUE "CompanyName", "FPSC Game Ltd"
VALUE "FileDescription", "FPSC Game"
VALUE "FileVersion", "v1.0"
VALUE "InternalName", "FPSC Game"
VALUE "LegalCopyright", "(C) FPSC Game Ltd"
VALUE "LegalTrademarks", ""
VALUE "OriginalFilename", "C:\TGC\CODING-FPSCV10X\D"
VALUE "PrivateBuild", ""
VALUE "ProductName", "FPSC Game"
VALUE "ProductVersion", "v1.0"
VALUE "SpecialBuild", ""

However the actual icon to an FPSC game it seems cannot be changed. When you do this the game EXE doesn't start the game anymore.

If there is someone that has new information that enables the user to do this I am very interested in seeing it.

Im sure that there will people that will post replies saying that they changed the icon succesfully, but wont say how. To them I say thanks for the info but it really wont help thoes that are still trying, but congrats and thanks.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 31st May 2007 17:24
@incense,

Yeah, I went through the same thing. After you change the Icon, the program doesn't work. You need a program called Pro Fix. Check my website under tutorials for the procedure and links to the programs you need.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 17:52
Take a look in my guide, both ResHack and ProFix are in these with step-by-step guides

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 19:14
What I do is use Vishnu to pack my game and use Install Creator to install the folder that has the game stuff in it into Program Files.
Install Creator puts a neat little icon shortcut on the desktop.
The icon in the folder might still look the same but that is not the one the casual gamer is going to see.
I am sure one day I may worry about changing the FPSC icon...but the fact is only FPSC users know that is the FPSC icon...just like only we know stuff is made with stock media.
Come to think of it...the folder has the Vishnu icon not the FPSC one...so that solves my problem there.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 02:22
Has everyone forgotten about Ngin's icon changer? Download it and change the fpsc game icon with ease and without error.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 02:24 Edited at: 1st Jun 2007 02:27
xplosys, Pro Fix did the trick.

What does Pro Fix do to the exe that actually fixes it?

Thraxas, I tried the Icon Changer and after the icon was changed it did not launch the game.

Not sure why it worked for you and not for me.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 02:33
I don't know it's always worked for me. What version are you using?
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 05:07 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2007 05:15
V105RC2 is the version of FPSC and the Icon Changer has no version info at all what so ever.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 05:48
Quote: "xplosys, Pro Fix did the trick.

What does Pro Fix do to the exe that actually fixes it?"

I was told that the icon info was written into the executable at a certain location, and that changing the icon and it's info changed it's size, causing the start of the program to moved to a different location. ProFix either puts it back where it's supposed to be or tells the program where to start correctly. I don't know which it is, but it works.

If I knew stuff like that, I'd be writing the programs. lol

Quote: "I don't know it's always worked for me. What version are you using? "

I have never had the game work after using Icon Changer until I ran ProFix on it.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Its good to know that I am not the only one that has issues with something.

Misery loves company.

Lets throw a party!!

LOL!!!

Thanks for the info xplosys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:21:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:21:19