Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / some questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 22:32
ok, ive got some questions about FPSC

ive created a segment pack, and when its in a game i make, and somone else downloads the game, those segments arent in the game's segment bank, i created the segments with signs

how do i make a sound zone play a sound where even when you leave the sound zone, it still plays through. when i leave the sound zone, the sound stops. i dont want the sound to ever repeat, just play through without stopping in the middle of it

whats with most of the scifi segments having no texture? almost every room segment for scifi doesnt have a texture, not on my computer or 3 of my friends who have FPSC

i know you can change the ambiance in game by pushing . and , but is there a way to stop people from doing that once the game is built? one of my friends tried playing my game and i wanted the ambiance at 0, but he kept increasing it to cheat (your not supposed to see alot of things, thats why the ambiance is down in my game)

thanks very much to anyone who helps

WHOS THAT??!?!? oh yeah...its that guy!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 22:40
OOKKK your FPSC sounds very messed up may I suggest a reinstall and V1.04? About sound zones just place them down and change the sound in the bottom sound0 field. It should work fine,
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
its that guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 05:09
ive already reinstalled it 3 times, and i already have v1.04

and i dont think i worded the sound zones part right... i know how to get what sound i want to play, but when your in game, you go in the sound zone, and the sound plays just fine. but when you leave the sound zone while the sound is playing, it stops...how do i get it to finish even though i left the zone?

its that guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 21:49
ok heres a screenshot of how almost every scifi segment that came with the game looks while in game(in the editor it looks normal, no probs)

BTW this is the same for all of my friends that have FPSC

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lowell05
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, for the sound zone question, I don't have an answer to make it keep playing after you've left the zone, but I do have a solution. You could increase the size of the trigger zone, which you can learn to do in the video tutorials on the FPSC official website. Make it to where the player dosn't even have a chance to exit the souns zone before the sound is complete. I hope this helped.

Lowell Richard Lowe 3rd
Lowell05
Years of Service
User Offline
BTW

1. Sorry for the couple of errors I made,

Quote: "You could increase the size of the trigger zone"

What I meant was increase the size of the sound zone.

Quote: "Make it to where the player dosn't even have a chance to exit the souns zone before the sound is complete"

I misspelled sound.

2. There might be another way as well, instead of using the sound zone to create the sound, why don't you try putting a trigger zone there instead that is set to activate the sound zone, you can learn how to do that in also in the video tutorial located the FPSC offical website.

Lowell Richard Lowe 3rd

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:20:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:20:49