Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Information From Experianced Pros

Author
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 22:57
I know there are a lot of newbies out here in the forum who would like to know the same thing I'm curious in. I have seen a lot of excellent work by experienced people here in the forums so I just wanted to ask.
What do you consider to be the the best programs needed for making a good FPSC game.

1. Modeling & Animation
2. Creating textures
3. Skys & Landscapes
4. Creating animated sprites
5. Music/midis
6. UV mapper for skinning entities
7. And anything else that would be of help to
us newbs.

I know this is probably scattered throughout the forums, I was hoping to get a thread that would consolidate everyones information in one bundle.
mastershake 354
Years of Service
User Offline
For Modeling and Animation, you could use Anim8or or Milkshape3D. Don't know about much of the other stuff.
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
1. I made a ton of threads about animation, and it seems the only solution is Milkshape or 3DS MAX.

2. This is VERY easy.

3. DDS software

4. Same as 3.

5. Easy.

6. There's some software out there for this. I don't exactly remeber the name of the software, but have seen it before.

7. Experience! New users should not steal others works, nor use others works, nor just use the engine as "drag and drop". What they should do is open up the core files and educate themselves.

-That C++ Nerd
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 23:32
Gee,Wally...asked and answered many,many times...
That's what that nifty little search box is for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:23:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:23:02