Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Sound when pushing object

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 23:21
Is it possible to have a sound when pushing an object? Say the player pushes a stone slab, I'd like to have a stone 'grinding' noise. I've tried putting the sound in the 'sound0, sound1' properties of the object but that doesn't seem to work, any ideas?

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 01:05 Edited at: 4th Jun 2007 01:05
Currently there is no set options for "pushing/draging sounds" in FPSC.

I believe this could be "faked" with some scripting and/or event zones, but this would require some work, would have to be done separately for each object that needs to "emit" these sounds, and I'm not too sure how it could be done, or is it even possible.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Keep ya fingers crossed that maybe FPSC X10 will support this (I hear X10 uses a completely new fpi scripting language)"

If I remember right, the scrip "language" is pretty much the same, but whit plenty of new options to use. The program on the other hand is more or less build up from a scratch.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 02:43
Go to [fpsc dir]\Files\Audiobank\Materials\...open up the materials.txt file, add in a new material by copy & pasting an existing one, modify the sounds (add your sounds into the material folder) and assign that material in the fpe. Ta da!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:24:56