Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I need some help and advice...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 06:27
well i recently found out about fps creator and i am now super pumped up about making my own game. i have a story and characters already developed and i have already made them in 3D Studio Max9. I followed a few tutorials on how to convert meshes into fps creator with entity maker and i have successfully done this as well. But its static and i have no idea how to carry out the animation information from 3ds max to fps creator.

Ive searched this forum up and down and many people have my same question in one form or another but i cant find the definitive answer to it.... i realize it will be hard to accomplish this but im wondering whether or not its going to be worth the trouble of doing it... or should i just accept the fact that it might be too hard...

i know how to animate using bipeds in max and i read somewhere that fps creator uses like 1000 frames of animation or something in chunks... if so that wich frames are dedicated to which actions?

please someone help, at this point i have hope for my project, at least steer me in the right direction.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 18:02
Well I'm not really an animator but if you can texture these models well, why not re-texture a stock FPSC character?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Viktor415
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 21:25
well for starters my characters are monkeys and dont posses the same wireframe... the characters in fps dont have tails or anything...

two i have creative ways of animating my characters that will hopefull instill personality in them and set this game apart from others...

but your right, if all else fails then that seems like the best solution
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 07:39
Look at the main sites download section and you'll find the link to the TGC explanation of the Panda exporter used for max. The frame references are all in the manual that comes with FPSC, and there 2497 frames in the FPSC supplied biped.

Loc

Viktor415
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 17:45
ok that tells me which animations a character can have... but where does it say which animations are dedicated to which frames?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:18:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:18:56