Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A question about the "uniquegamecode" field in the setup.ini

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 05:59
@MODS: I already did a forum wide search for this, and nothing came up.

I was just looking through the setup.ini file, when i noticed the
uniquegamecode=....... field.

I was wondering, is this what multiplayer games use to distinguish from one another? Because I am making multiplayer game, and I'm going to have a high graphics version, and a low graphics one, but if I make two separate games, it makes an entirely new "server".

So i was wondering if I can copy this field to the other setup.ini and it would allow me to have two versions of the same game play with each other?

Is this possible?

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:45
The answer is...I don't have a clue...
I really don't know.I have noticed that too.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:53
Hmmm, I guess it's time for some experimenting.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 10:31
@Silent Thunder - Now this is something I would be interested in hearing about.... ST when you know if this does or does not work could you post your results.... Thanks in advance

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 14:04
I know what it does,

This key is what it looks for in all FPS Creator multiplayer games hosted online.If it matches that server will be displayed on the list.

If it does not match it will continue to look for more server's.

Am I the only one who likes to look through file structures?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 16:17
Quote: "Am I the only one who likes to look through file structures?"

Possibly.I usually only dig around when I actually need to modify something.If it ain't broke...don't fix it.
It might also be of note that you made the multiplayer multilevel launcher (if I remember correctly) so you might know more about this than the average forum member.
This si some interesting info.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 00:19
Quote: "This key is what it looks for in all FPS Creator multiplayer games hosted online.If it matches that server will be displayed on the list."

Wow, then my idea is possible!

Thanks!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 00:37
but what would it play like? would you be able to even see people playing on the other version?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 01:26
Quote: "
Am I the only one who likes to look through file structures?"

Nope, I've made an art of it

@Silent Thunder - Careful using the same code, make sure both games' levels are identical, along with characters and weapons - ex. if you have a box in high quality and no box in low quality, low quality players may be able to go through the box, while high quality player's cant - and that looks strange. BTW, if you just want to edit things like resolution, graphic quality, ect. a launcher would be better suited.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 02:02
Quote: "ex. if you have a box in high quality and no box in low quality, low quality players may be able to go through the box, while high quality player's cant - and that looks strange. "

hehe, special h4x0rz edition.

Quote: "BTW, if you just want to edit things like resolution, graphic quality, ect. a launcher would be better suited."

I know, i've used your launcher before, but I use FPS pack, so my options are limited.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 02:22
My launcher works with FPS Pack Just diable the FPS pack menu so it looks nicer

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 03:21 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 06:18
Quote: "My launcher works with FPS Pack Just diable the FPS pack menu so it looks nicer"

oh, I didn't know that, awesome!

EDIT: uh, airslide, it didn't work, when i tried to launch the program, FPS pack kept asking for a password, and the game wouldn't start.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 11:59
Quote: "It might also be of note that you made the multiplayer multilevel launcher (if I remember correctly) so you might know more about this than the average forum member"

Actually,That was DBP part only,and...I knew that line was there and what it was for when i used FPS Creator for 2-3 weeks

Quote: "Possibly.I usually only dig around when I actually need to modify something.If it ain't broke...don't fix it"

One little note,FPS Creator is Broken...With all those bugs

Quote: "Nope, I've made an art of it "

Finally someone understands that you need to know what does what if you want to use the full power of the engine!

Quote: "Silent Thunder - Careful using the same code, make sure both games' levels are identical, along with characters and weapons - ex. if you have a box in high quality and no box in low quality, low quality players may be able to go through the box, while high quality player's cant - and that looks strange. BTW, if you just want to edit things like resolution, graphic quality, ect. a launcher would be better suited.
"

That is true indeed,Rather annoying.But true.If you make a low quality version make the texture size lower,Model Poly's lower.BUT place EVERYTHING in the exact same spot!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 18:30
lol, Airslide, your launcher is working now, I don't know why it didn't before. But do you think you could add an option to turn shaders on or off?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:18:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:18:18