Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC Multiplayer Club

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:01
Let's have some fun with FPSC games!

I think we could have a sort of 'club' (anyone could join in) or something to that effect where we pick a FPSC multiplayer game every month to play on certain days of the month at certain times. With any luck we can get lots of people playing. We could have different people hosting at different times, so there is more opportunity for those who may live in a different time zone as one hoster. Basically, at the beginning of every month, whoever runs the thing (I guess I'd volunteer for that) would work with anyone who wishes to be a hoster and make a schedule and post it for everyone to see. Then, based on what people want, they would select which game to play and everyone participating can download it and play at the set times. Eventually I suppose it could grow to having several different games in the same month hosted at different times.

What do you guys think? I'm willing to spend time to pull the thing together, along with make new multiplayer maps in the case we can't find enough.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:03
Hehe well i tried to do this with fragfest but it never worked out, sounds great
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:04
Was fragfest a particular game? This is aimed more at general community games to get more people to make arena games and play them

Plus there's an extra bonus - maybe this sort of occult following could convince lee that the FPSC multiplayer is a large and important feature

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:25
I'm interested! I would be willing to make a few maps too.

If not that many people are interested, might I suggest trying to host some sort of contest?

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:44
We need to pick an exact day and/or time to do this.I used to post I was on a game and sit there with it fired up for 15 or 20 minutes or an hour or whatever.
If we chose (for example) Wednesday at 9 a.m. then at least everybody would know that's when to be on.
At least you would have a better chance of having someone to play with.
I think this is a good idea.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:52
Quote: "If we chose (for example) Wednesday at 9 a.m. "

make sure to specify the timezone as well.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 16:37
@Silent - Great!

@FredP - I think I said something about a schedule throughout the month Though not too many dates, because then everyone gets too spread out. For the first one maybe just a two or three sessions. Plus with summer comming we should get plenty of members playing, hosting, and making new maps

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 17:37
I'm going to get to work on a stock media MP map right now...
Are you allowed dynamic lights in MP?.

E.D.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 17:51
I think it's a good idea, and though I can't host any games, I would do some promoting and certainly a lot of playing.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 18:12
lol well there were only 2 maps at the start. Multiplayer updates? Thats like music to my ears
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 19:53
sounds good, and I think the times should be set at either forum time or GMT.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 20:14
I'd go with GMT.You can always find out how far off you are and plan accordingly.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 20:17
woot!!! I happen to be in GMT

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 21:32
haha, sounds like a plan, a monthly pwnage session for the things FPS Creators do best, shoot stuff.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 21:37
How about forum time it would be easier for all.

EOT
[img][/img]
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 22:31
Wednesday at 9 AM? Was that just an example or are you serious? I'm interested in this, but I know I'm not the only one around here who would be busy at that time.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 22:52
Just an example.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 00:02
Now I like this idea.... Im in if you want me.... My idea for klanwarfare obviously never took off due to the lack of options we had over time with multiplayer.... But if you guys want maybe we can utilize the site and domain as a local spot for game uploads and scheduling to get everybody together thats if you guys want...

@airslide - if you think this is a possible good idea drop me an email so I can give you all the site info that way not only is it your idea but you can also have complete access and equal control over the site....

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 00:50
And if you dont just want to play deathmatch, you could say to everyone that they should write [Blue] or [Red] before their names, even if they always look at the names it would be much easier to Cooperate.
What do you think?

I could also make easy but smart mp maps.

Visit us at www.freewebs.com/bigvikinggames , you can find our new free games and new free models.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 01:17
This is obviously generating a lot of interest

First off, everything would be based of GMT, since it is easiest to work with (and you can tell what time zone your in by right clicking your computer clock).

Next, once I get everything together, we're going to need some 'designated hosters'. Anyone who'd like to participate in that field drop me an e-mail so I can contact you when I'm ready to make us a schedule.

Also, I'm going to be releasing a Multiplayer Game Making guide for FPSC. I'll layout all of the techniques I've found useful or work best, along with tips & tricks. A major point I'll highlight is that immobile dynamic objects still work (such as doors or the grass in my recently released WW2 Arena) and you can instantly switch between single player and multiplayer to change scripts and such.

@Clips - I'll send an e-mail in a minute, I'd definetly take up on that offer, as it would make things much easier to manage

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 01:30
Quote: "(and you can tell what time zone your in by right clicking your computer clock)."

heck,I didn't know that.That is pretty cool.Thanks...
Looking forward to that multiplayer gaming guide.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 08:41
yeah lets get some team games in there! Maybe when its touched up would you consider my level the roost?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 09:45
I would be very interested int his. I think I could whipp up a map or two. this looks like a good idea.And' i'm really looking forward to that multiplayer map guide.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 10:07 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 10:09
Hmmmm here is an idea guys.... I just sent Airslide an email on the hosting.... Ultimately Airslides idea on the look and feel of the website will over rule everybody...

But for fun sake and to keep this thread rolling along the website klanwarfare.com (header is klan games) go there take a look if you havent already then come back and let us know if we should dump the design totally and go for a whole new look or keep the look and totally strip all content on the site and go with the look that is already there but gear the site totally to the fpsc multiplayer idea...

Would love to hear everybody's thought...

Also if you want a change let us know what you think it should look like.... heck even submit a jpg pic of your idea and show us what you think is best....

@Silent Thunder - Yes I love the idea of a contest.... Ive got some packs I have not released I would be happy to put in the competitions also.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 10:15
I'm interested, but Its 12:30 here, so I'll ask more questions later this morning.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i am in, but unable to host with a wireless ip.

:/

Tell me when all this is getting started and i will come along :/
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 12:35 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 12:43
This information is for anybody who plans to create a game for the multiplayer club please patch your FPS Creator to Version 1.05RC2 before you build your game this has resolved the issue of playing behind a router.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=107595&b=21

Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, Rick and I have been discussing that and will have a release official website release at the end of this month. Basically it is like a youtube meets myspace allowing an upload of a multiplayer map of 100 Megs. The site will feature the best maps and will link everyone to the front page when signing up. You will be allowed to upload a banner, descriptions, contact information and your game upload. More to come in the next week or so. Everything of course will be free. We will Sticky the post when it is ready and approved by Rick and Lee.

Fiberfrag

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 16:17
That's mighty nice of you guys.Not to take issue with you but there are some things I would like to point out.
While I am sure that some of the people who are becoming involved in this idea wouldn't mind seeing this get hosted by...who exactly is hosting this,running this and in charge of this?Are you guys planning on letting Airslide,Clips,myself or one of the other forum members run this site or do you guys plan on making the decisions?Who is going to be in charge of this?I personally don't want to be in charge but therre are least three others that have posted in this thread that could be and Clips already has a MP site set up.Why not work with him to do this instead of making up a new one?
Next...100MB is just not big enough.My latest MP beta runs just over 96 MB.It is small and I am still doing work on it.Unless Lee has come up with a way to lower file sizes (if he hasn't he should get in touch with s4real.This guy's app,Vishnu can cut file sizes quite a bit) 100MB just isn't enough.
Last,but not least,I think I speak for everyone when I say that they would rather that Lee be working on updates for this version of FPSC/x10 (though I suppose somebody else could handle the site).
A major overhaul of multiplayer is required before more than a handful of people will take it seriously...
Increase the number of players.
More options.
etc. etc.
I am not trying to be confronatational or cause a problem but let's face it...while I am working on my multiplayer game and all and there are others that are working on theirs we could get a lot more done and and do a lot more if there was multiplayer was fixed.
What would be really nice is if TGC had a dedicated server for multiplayer.I can host games myself but there are those who can't.
Then everyone can go to one place and play.
I think in the end we are going to have to do this a little of both ways.But I think we need to make sure this is run bu the members who care about multiplayer for those who care about multiplayer.In the end that is the only way it is going to be a success.
I would like to reiterate (if y'all haven't fallen asleep reading my endless post) that I am not trying to take a cheap shot or dig at anybody.There are a lot of good ideas here.We just need to get them implemented.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 17:04
ok so I'm up now. I'll help in any way I can. Just tell me what to do.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 17:15 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 17:42
We have been working on this for a while and having bigger uploads is not an issue. I also been talking to Lee and Rich about getting FPSC and X10 to run a dedicated Multiplayer. That will make the multiplayer much better than it is now. The first strp is to get the script finished this weekend and than let everyone start testing the site and give there idea's.

Again this is not a new idea as we have been talking about it for about 6 months now and will be released next week as it is all ready to go... There is no reason why people can;t share the maps on the site while the multiplayer issues are worked on in the near future... More to come in the next few days...

The site and uploads will be hosted by Fiberfrag and the uploads will be on a Dual Core Server with Dual 120 Gig HD's... So hosting is ready to go. Site is built and ready to go. As of right now we are testing the script and will release a beta ver. later next week so we can tweek and everone can comment in the sticky...

Now that being said, once the site get many uploads and starts being used we will need a mod or two to help out. I have run dedicated game server for over 10 years and will work with the TGC Team to help improve multiplayer. We already know what is needed just have to find time to make them happen... Now all the time is being dedicated to X10 as it should so this will be taken care of after the release of X10 and a few updates...

In the mean time we will release the site next week and begin the sharing process and get these maps online. One the site is released we are looking for suggestions and comments and we will make phase 2 from there after the beta is released...

Fiberfrag

Fiberfrag

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 17:50
All of that sounds great and will be greatly appreciated, but there is no reason we should not continue to move forward with the current plans as stated in this thread. When the TGC site is up and running and becomes bigger and better than what we have, then we can let the old go and move to the new.

Just from experience, I wouldn't drop what your doing because of an announcement of things to come. We all know how long things can take.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree, I just thought everyone should know what is going on within the TGC community and stuff to look forward to for you guys. This is something Lee, Rick and I discussed a few months ago and is not something that was just talked about. This site and myspace site for the FPSC community will be rleased in the next week.

The FPSC Multiplayer Club should still be used as it will be something different than what we are doing. Again, a Sticky will be put in place when ready next week after Rick and Lee review everything. Hope everyone will enjoy and will announce when we go live in a couple of days.

Fiberfrag

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
COUNT ME IN! This Sounds GREAT! But I have a few questions, teams depend on game? And make sure we have a NON Laging host for the game OK? SOund great Please Email me AT webmaster@leetstuffedgames.com When the date to play is near or PM me THANK MAN GREAT IDEA! I love games -)

hey
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Cools, I could make some maps plus I could get some use out of darkmatter from this. I would be more then willing to help with anything, I could do some hosting or help choose/make the maps to play also.

I like my sig.
Mauro
Years of Service
User Offline
You guys know what games you're going to play ?
Just so I can download them in advance :p

grtz,Mauro

I'm such a newbie !
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:49 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 23:56
@Fiberfrag - That sounds great, though as xplosys said, I'll continue on with this. The main thing I'm looking at is that these sites may be able to complement each other - you speak of a youtube-style depository of games, where you can download lots of multiplayer games. This is more of a open clan or club sort of thing where we decide which game to play and make a schedule for when hosting is and who is doing it. Ultimately the problem with the YouTube style site is that it doesn't fix the problem of not enough players - this does (or tries to ).

Anyways, I'm now working with Clips to get the site up and running, and I'm looking for nominations for the first game to be played. It will be hosted on Clips site, and should run on v1.05RC#2+. So far I'm looking at either Fred's Pwned arena (once he gets it out of beta) or my WWII arena. I plan to get the first game sessions started in July.

I'm now looking for people who can host. When is up to you, just contact me for more info. I may be able to host myself, thanks to the new update allowing people with routers to host

EDIT: I'll also be making a set of universal menu scripts and setup-level scripts for use, with instructions on how to modify for different skyboxes - the new setup-level script will include a few little features plus a fix for being able to change the ambiance level. Additionally I'll make a launcher for it so that people can change graphics settings for the best performance.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds good, I would be willing to create some multiplayer maps if you want. Also, tyrano man you finally got a demo out of Kalspher! Been waiting on that for a while.

Tom

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 10:30
@Airslide

Great idea you have set up here, great place to start up a Doom multiplayer battle, that would be fun. I may be able to supply the Entryway level of Doom 2 as a map.
Tiragon Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
count ME in
hey you should use google groups u can send out mass emails and announcement that ways
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 00:54 Edited at: 11th Jun 2007 01:35
Clips already has the site up with a forum and everything (which I'm modifying this very moment ) which can do Mass-Emails and such already, so that won't be necessary.

EDIT: The site is up and running on clips' site at http://www.klanwarfare.com/. Sign up and nominate games or become a hoster!

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice. I registered on the site, and have started working on a Multiplayer level. I'll post on the Multiplayer Club forums after I've worked on it for a bit and have something to show.

Tom

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 03:48
I've gone ahead and nominated three maps for our first month, just to get things started. People can still nominate maps for the next month and I'll keep a list. To clean things up, I think I'll post another threads. Mods can lock this one

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I just registered, also you already have spambots.Lol.

I like my sig.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:25:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:25:16