Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] I stopped using FPS CReater 8 months ago

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 12:20
Hi all,

Just visited this site for the first time in several months, although the software produces great levels it's biggest problem is the amount of time it takes to load each new scene.

On my 2.2 ghtz computer it took about 3.5 minutes to load a new scene. I listened to the latest report on the X10 but still no mention of quicker load times for new levels.

Nobody can take this programme seriously until these times have been improved.

I am working with Realm Crafter and a new level only takes 15 seconds to load & 3D Games Studio about the same.

No player is going to wait many minutes to load new levels.

Are the team working on this massive problem !!!

Cheers
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 13:47
Let's see...you didn't give all of your pc specs.You probably aren't using the latest update available in the sticky at the top and you actually gave little to no information.

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 13:58
Quote: "I listened to the latest report on the X10 but still no mention of quicker load times for new levels."

I think you should listen again m8 and thing are a lot better with v1.05!

FPSCreator content, information and resources.

http://x-games.mdhost.info/index.htm
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 14:01
Quote: "I am working with Realm Crafter and a new level only takes 15 seconds to load & 3D Games Studio about the same.
"

Uhm,Real crafter is bad.really bad.(Unless it changed its core system from when i last used it.)

And loading scenes in FPS Creator goes like that to me.It takes a few seconds to load a level in the editor,and to load one in the game itself.Just a matter of seconds here.

On full graphics offcourse.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 14:17
Since I upgraded my memory I have yet to have a level that takes more than than two minutes to load...most load in under a minute.

Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 15:49
Have you ever played anything on a console? Some of those games take forever to load.

What version of FPSC are you using?

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 15:54
If i play Oblivion on my PC here,it sometimes takes AGES to load the outside area.Besides,if you make your game instresting.Gamers won't bother having to wait for the next level
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I listened to the latest report on the X10 but still no mention of quicker load times for new levels."

Actually, this has already been mentioned. Just a week ago Rick V posted that video update where he mentioned several new improvements and new features of FPSCX10, one of them being much faster and better game universe building. Check the "Latest FPSC X10 News" -sticky thread.
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Actually, this has already been mentioned. Just a week ago Rick V posted that video update where he mentioned several new improvements and new features of FPSCX10, one of them being much faster and better game universe building. Check the "Latest FPSC X10 News" -sticky thread. "

Yes, it has & here's the link to the YouTube video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmxlJHCRlA

bmbvideo.com
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
realm crafter is pretty good only down side is actual game building time and supported file formats, from guns to cups n bottles u gotta make urself, cant just pick it up and go,

tho i would like it if fpsc could handle 10+ enemys attacking at once to give an intence battle. but like others said if the game good then loading aint a drag.
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 05:16
Congratulations to the Moderators I didn't think this one would get through.

I glad I caused a bit of opposition to my statements on loading times.

As I wrote to the boss Coder a year ago this software is a fantastic advance in game programming, levels look very professional and actors are excellent.

I love the programme, but level loading is still to slow compered to most other games software.

Some of you stated that build times have improves, Rick states that
but nobody has made a statement about compiled game level times.

Loves yah all

Ozzie
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 16:34 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 16:35
ozziedave said:
Quote: "I am working with Realm Crafter "

I went to the Realm Crafter website. There is only the demo availible as of "9:11 AM 6/9/2007 EST". There is a purchase link that goes to an empty product page. The FAQ is of no help in the matter.

It does have great screenshots, but I can do that in Photoshop.

It seems to me that Realm Crafter can't be that great if one can't even get it.

FPSC is here and ready to be used. If Realm Crafter is reasonably priced and is availible and has plenty of info and example games that come with it and it is easy to use, I might look at it.

Till then....

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 18:02 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 18:09
Realm Crafter has bad graphics,runs on DX7 for now(Untill Realm Crafter 2 comes out) and has cartoony and crappy graphics providided defaultly.You need to script EVEYRYTHING but the walking...And well,login is crap too.

Besides,the editor is rather annoying.As there is NO way of knowing how big the characters are.So you make your map,Test it and find out the characters are 10 times bigger then the rest.Change it.and same thing again.
Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG Realm Crafter??? The graphics are terrible... I mean aged at least 7 years... Kings Quest looked better... I have not seen screenshots on 3D Games Studio so can't comment.

Fiberfrag

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 19:19
Realm Crafter's graphics were not made to let you make a game...You need to work on the graphics yourself.

BUT,it still is crappy.though the water improved heavily.
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 20:28
Hey Ozziedave, Nice to meet you, I'd like you to check out the demo of our game"The Conspiracy" and let me know just how long it takes to load. And of course weather the frame rate is as bad as the original demo I released. You say this program can't be taken seriously huh? I used say things like that till I went nuts on the fourms and began flaming and not realizing I was hurting other peoples feelings without understanding what Lee Bamber & Co were going through. But yes we do feel your pain when it comes to speed and loading times. I to have 3DGS and was using that back in 04 when I first started on TC and then one day saw the demo of Dark Basic on PC Gamer. I liked it but disregarded it. My point is don't give on it just because it's a bit slow and slip into madness, hating all the time. Have fun on the fourms and be sure to check out our game ! Later!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 20:32
Uhm,Hijack?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 20:51
Quote: "Uhm,Hijack?"

LOL...

Well yeah, but very well concealed.

Quote: "Nobody can take this programme seriously until these times have been improved. "

ozziedave,

Things are improving and we are learning how to keep speed and loading times down as we go. Yes, out of the box you are correct, but with some smart design and construction, it's tolerable.

I'm sure you've noticed by now that there are a few FPSC games on the store shelves, and many more in the works. It will be taken serious, as much as a fifty dollar engine can be, but it will never be the choice of the serious developer. That's just not what it is.

It is however a lot of fun and capable of producing playable, sellable, games. I don't think it's done improving and we look forward to better game play and learning more ways to "get er' done"

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
i know FPS IS WAY BETTER but Realm Crafter is DX9 Now No offence I aint siding with them just if u read the front page BUT YEA THEY SUCK GO FPSC WOOT!

hey
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:24
I use both FPSC and RC and honestly they are 2 seperate animals that shouldnt even be compared with each other. One is for FPS and the other is for MMO. Honestly in the end its all what you put into the game for RC and FPSC if you put crap or nothing into it, then that's what you'll get. Each system is different and must be learned. Example -I had to learn what size to make objects in milkshape so that they would be a correct size in FPSC. So don't be too quick to bash RC just because it works on a different premise. So you have to script everything, well you have to script things in FPSC right, and those who don't script (like myself) find ourselves scouring the scripting section of the forum for help. And honestly lots of times FPSC can't do what we want. So see its completely different situations for each engine and really shouldnt even be compared.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:41
what about this 3D Games Studio that has been brought up, whats that like?
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:47
Expensive,C# scripting and VERY VERY powerfull.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
And yet...none of the moderators have realised this topic does, in fact, fall under the boundaries of being locked. It is completely off-topic from FPSCreator, promotes another product, and denotes FPSC.

Oh, and I've never used Realm Crafter, but from looking at the site, I would say it seems like a good program.

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:31