Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Animation V&F v1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 16:24
I'm moving the original thread for FPSC Animation V&F to here,
Why? First think the original thread name may are coufusing some people. Second, the software its already out and i'm going to post what's comming in the next versions here.

If you are interested, FPSC V&F it's now Available at [href]null[/href]http://www.artemisoftnian.com

Old forum thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=103502&b=21

The demo is posted in the old thread but here is the direct download link to it. Demo

Are some one is having problems at the time of import your characters animation to FPSC.

Did your animations look messy at the hour of test your game.

Are you spending to much time setting your custome animations to work whit FPSC

If this is your case FPSC Animation V&F can helpyou!

FPSC Animation V&F v1.0

Import any model that FPSC support.
Plays the complete animation.
Set the Start and End Frame of the animation.
Sets specific rage of animation
Onion Skin visualization of the Frame for easy view.
Exports the corrected FPE file for your character automatically.
Build In Editor for manully edit the FPE File.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 22:33
Just a quick question.. Does your program save just the start and end frames. Meaning if the model had multiple animations and I selected frames 0 to 10 would your program save the model with only those frames and then create the fpe file.
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 23:01
You asking $16.99 USD or £11.99 GBP, I hate having to pay with GBP; this should be about £8.99 GBP. (If I WAS to pay £11.99 GBP it would be about $23.99 USD)
Everyone takes advantage of the GBP!

FPSCreator content, information and resources.

http://x-games.mdhost.info/index.htm
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Way to expenisive you asking more then what a whole model pack is worth dude change it to like $9 USD and I will buy it also as tschwarz said-

Quote: "Just a quick question.. Does your program save just the start and end frames. Meaning if the model had multiple animations and I selected frames 0 to 10 would your program save the model with only those frames and then create the fpe file."

Does it?
Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice Program. Very usefull...

Fiberfrag

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 14:29
Quote: "You asking $16.99 USD or £11.99 GBP, I hate having to pay with GBP; this should be about £8.99 GBP. (If I WAS to pay £11.99 GBP it would be about $23.99 USD)
Everyone takes advantage of the GBP!"

Get over it dude, you don't think it is the same for those of us who pay in USD? when it costs barely nothing for the brit populace it costs twice as much for the US consumer.....

Quote: "Way to expenisive you asking more then what a whole model pack is worth dude change it to like $9 USD and I will"

Uhm, I think this utility is worth the price. This community never stops to amaze me, people create usefull programs and offer it for sale at very reasonable pricess just to have people complain about it.

This is not comparable to a model pack man, this is a utility to assist people in importing animated stuff.

And a note to people who are worried about the frames for animations, if the fpe says walking is 25-50 then the engine will run the frames 25-50 regardless. the animation info is stored with the .x file and is read just like a book.

@hackinc 2000- good job man, when i get back to my house at the end of the month i may buy this program.

Cheers,
Dave

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:13
hackinc 2000 - when you get the time could you please answer my question from above.

RF - Surely this program does more than just strip out the unwanted animation sequences from the fpe. I have specific reasons for the question I asked and it seems that you don't even have the program to be able to make the statements you have made. Well except for the currency rate.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:32
LOL, The UK doesn't pay less that's just the exchange rate,LOL.
(this may be off)spending £11.99 GBP is just like spending $23.99 USD. They don't pay less than we do.

hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 03:11 Edited at: 10th Jun 2007 04:40
Hi to all!

Nice to see people talking about the program!

Ok here we go whit the aclarations!

Quote: "Just a quick question.. Does your program save just the start and end frames. Meaning if the model had multiple animations and I selected frames 0 to 10 would your program save the model with only those frames and then create the fpe file."

tschwarz
I don't touch the model in any way!I I don't see why!
I coud try to do remove unused frames from the model for the next versions but i don't promise anything.

About the price! I have never been use currency exchange before. I see i have been confuse a little whit the exchange. Cause this is my fault I'm going to lower the exchange the way its the same or aproximately to 16.99 USD! (My BAD SORRY ).

Let me talk a little about what the program really do!

After you make and animate your model in your favorite program! You want to used it on FPSC, well when you animate it, for example you forget to write down the frames for the animations you want to use. Then you need to open the software again and write them down! Then Write the FPE file. But what if when you export the model whit animations and the animations frames in your model don't match the frames that you write down (this is why i write the program). Then you need to speed hours again writing down the frames to match the ones on your model.

Or in other case, you have a friend that is working whit you making a game and he is the one that is make the models, but he dont give you the frame rages for that model in specific. what you do? call him, or do it your self.

FPSC Animation V&F helps you whit this situations. You import your model on the program, now you can see the complete animation, the you can set the specific ranges of animation for every action your model do on the game: (run, jump, swim, etc). When you finish the correction of the frame ranges, the software itself construct the FPE file for that specific model.

The next step is to import your model and FPE fle to FPSC and happy game making! . this step until now needs to be done manually.

For the next versions i'm planning to add a way to zip or make a setup file (using 7-zip for compresion and or NSIS for the setup) of the model and the other files used for it.(model, FPE, Gunspect, Screenshot, etc)

If you still confuse in anyway, please ask me! I'm glad to answer your questions.

note: you can use the program to set frame range for your DarkBasic model animations for your games!

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 04:40
Thanks for the info. I just downloaded the demo to take a look and found a small problem. The shortcut the install creates is pointing the "Start In" directory to: "C:\Program Files\Artemisoftnian\FPSC Animation V&F\Media" which causes the app to exit with a media not found error. I edited it to: "C:\Program Files\Artemisoftnian\FPSC Animation V&F" and it seems to work.

Has a nice interface and I was able to load a few characters into it with no problems. On my computer the font when editing fpe files was a little big (but, hey it was easy to read).

Good luck with Animation V&F
hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 04:51
tschwarz tanks for your info! I have no idea of the installer error!

In the options window you can set the font size for the editor. But i don't remember if i put that on the Beta Demo!.

I'm going to rebuild the demo whit the final version this next week!

Thanks again for your comments!

hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 17:59
Hi to all!

For a little while i have encounter some personal problems (Get sick whit hemorrhagic Dengue then i whent on a very bad depresion because My Parents are getting divorce at my 30's) that make myself unavailable to continue to work on FPSC Animation V&F for a while, But now I manage to find the Force and the time to continue whit this project.

So now an update its coming and hope makes FPSC Animation V&F a better application.

Here's what you can expect on this first update of the program:

The ability to put the weapon of your choice on the character to preview it whit the animation of your choice.
Test the real animation like in real game.
Added a Tool-Box for easy access of various functions.
Minor bugs fixed.

As soon as a bug on Enhanced Animations plug-in is fixed:
The ability to Save your character or weapon whit only the animations you want, and remove the ones that you don't need. But this maybe not going to makeit for the this coming release.

Well that's all for now!

Thanks for your support

Waldemar Medina
Artemisoftnia.com

m man
Years of Service
User Offline
maybe you can make it so you can re-texture the characters and guns , and do the people who already bought the regualar program get it for free or do you have to buy it again?
hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 22:13 Edited at: 13th Aug 2007 22:15
if you alrady bought the software, all the updates are free.

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 22:38
This is great! I might actually learn how to animate now that I don't have to deal with all that fpe paperwork.

Hey....can is it possible to have the program where it attactes the fpsc ready biped to the model without you having to do it? (just another lazy question).

Awesome work!

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 23:25 Edited at: 13th Aug 2007 23:37
Quote: "This is great! I might actually learn how to animate now that I don't have to deal with all that fpe paperwork."

[joke]Goes to show a lot about someone. Ever tried requisitioning an explosive item? Now that is a lot of paperwork
[/joke]

sorry for the late quote but I need to address this.

Quote: "LOL, The UK doesn't pay less that's just the exchange rate,LOL.
(this may be off)spending £11.99 GBP is just like spending $23.99 USD. They don't pay less than we do."

[economics class]
I am an American who works in Britain. I make American dollars over here. I understand that if it costs 29.99 USD the Brits will Usually sell it for 29.99 GBP. Those days are going away if it costs 29.99 USD they will sell it for 14.92 GBP. so if the Brits charge 29.99 GBP for something and you are forced to buy it on the British market you end up paying more, unless it is offered in US currency at the same price as the GBP. but that is not going to happen. The US market is starting to price everything as if we were paying with GBP and not USD. causing inflation to rise faster and faster to stay up with the world market. that is why things are so expensive in the states. They base everything off of the British economy. [/economics class]

Cheers,
Dave

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 00:30 Edited at: 14th Aug 2007 00:56
This program is definitely on my list.

EDIT:
I bought It!

While I am waiting for a reply, I have a question.

Just wondering, but can I use this to assign vertexes to joints?

If not, that's fine-for I have Milkshape to pull me through.

-AaronG

m man
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just wondering, but can I use this to assign vertexes to joints?"

no i dont think so, but it is a really good program
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 04:59
Quote: "Hey....can is it possible to have the program where it attactes the fpsc ready biped to the model without you having to do it? (just another lazy question)"
no unless you want the mesh to deform horribly. the only thing that i think would work would be a biped that you can assign objects to, so it would look pretty bad too,
The program is looking nice.
hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 05:32
Hi

Whit the addition of Enchanced animations to the program im looking to add some cool feutures to the program. Feutures that can be used not only for FPS creator users but to Dark BAsic users too.

What feutres I'm talking about well, for now I can't tell because in need to learn some things first before i can talk.

Quote: ""Just wondering, but can I use this to assign vertexes to joints?""

For now this is a nop! But who knows maybe in feuture versions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:19:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:19:42