Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Dynamic objects in Multiplayer games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 02:12
Well im working for a camp this summer and one of the things we will be teachign is game design with FPS creator, I was making a multiplayer example when i discovered that hurt zones wouldnt work, when i try to add lighting it never finishes loading, and i cant make anything dynamic.

Is there a reason for this?

Why are you reading this?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 03:19
I can see you are new to mutilplayer.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 04:02
Dynamic things only work if they are immobile. You can go to File->Preferences->Single player and then right click on anything dynamic and set it to immobile, and then go back to File->preferences->multiplayer.

monkey for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 05:21
so by default you cant have explodable things, or lights, or change the scripts in things? why?

is it a lag issue? i could understand that synching computers to all see the same flickering lights and explosions would require many packets and could lag.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 10:48
MP doesnt allow dyanmic objects/entities.
To get lights, create the arena in Single player, place lights etc, then go to File>Preferences>Change to MP.
Remember, normally you can go to File>Build game and change the menu buttons etc, but DO NOT do this when making an MP arena. You will need to compile the game, and then go to the folder, find the relevent files, and change the button using Photoshop, GIMP etc. This is a nasty bug, and will switch the menu to single player, and you will have to restore the game file (cant remember precise name).
If any of the kids do this, you need to do the following to restore.

Quote: "This is due to a bug in the editor code, do NOT ever edit an MP game's hud with the editor. It will replace the file with an SP games file and then you will lose your MP abilitys. Thankfully, I have uploaded this file."

Click here for the download.

Also, while you're at it, read this;
Quote: "http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74027&b=24"

Some things are out of date, EG riker 9. Dont even ask.

monkey for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 15:40
I did that with lights, and with every other dynamic object i changed them to immobile, but they dont remain dynamic, and i cant blow them up or anything.

Are there any plans to make it so they can be dynamic? It seems to be an annoying limitation. or does it just change them to static if i forget to change one to immobile?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 00:00
Most immobile objects still can't be blown up. Come to think of it, the immobile may only count if it is defined in the FPE....grr...

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 00:54
MP on FPSC sucks. Loads of people created a petition-like thread calling for upgrades. Still no acceptance from TGC. They just focus on X10, rather than existing customers.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 01:57
They are allegedly working on it.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to sound harsh, Monkey for sale, but perhaps you should get better acquainted with FPSC and actually read the entire manual BEFORE trying to teach other people how to use it. Also, another good aspect to learn would be manipulating the .fpi files and making your own AI scripts for FPSC, etc.

Tom

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 02:40
Quote: "They are allegedly working on it."

You've been talking to Cellbloc again, havent you? Haha!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 02:49
Lee has posted on more than one occaassion that he is doing stuff with multiplayer.I have no idea what you are referring to...

monkey for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 03:56
this is getting slightly off topic, but will the [insert version number here] people be able to upgrade when the new version comes out for free?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:15