Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Upgraded from 1.02 to 1.05 Character Movement & Key Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 14:57
Hi All,

Decided to have another look at FPSC, upgraded to 1.05, also my model packs, then opened a 1.02 project that I had made.

I was surprised that most of the level worked, but on moving the Player with keyboard he wanted to lurch to the left all the time and also ran without me having to touch a key.

Also on picking up a door key to open a door, when near the door, text to the effect that I needed the Key to enter was displayed.

Any idea’s Please.

Cheers
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 16:27
Thoughts...
Did you uninstall back down to 1.0 before you installed 5.02?I always uninstall all of the updates before installing a new one.
If you have an older game that you made with 1.0 it might be a good idea to test the level,hit esc to end the test and save it.It seems that is a fix to some of the problems.
The door text message is a default one.Even if you have a key it still says you need one.
There is a script in the scripts forum you can use to change this and there are various other methods you can use to change this as well.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:50
A) Make sure you saved the level before testing.
B) As for the running issue, check the player speed and make sure it is at 100. It seems to be jumpy on things too high (as I found with one of FredP's games)

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 12:18
I'd recommend Installing V1.00 first,then V1.04 then V1.05RC2 over it.as well...Uhm,it might miss some files and/or updates not included in the V1.05 package.

ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 01:03
Thanks FredP, all,

I did save, after using escape key, solved all my problems.

As far as door opening goes I forgot to hit the "Enter" key to open the door after key retrevial, hadn't used the programm for
a year though.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:32