Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Making Trees... How?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 22:04
Sorry to ask, this has probably been answered before, but here goes:

Can someone tell be how to make trees? Is a basic tree just a cylinder as the trunk then loads of planes with a transpareny, also, I've heard that trees have to have 2 textures or something like that?

Thanks in advance,
Duplex

Duplex Creations Has now teamed up with X games.
X games Website
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 22:52
tree magik is a really good program, it saves a lot of time, i mean a lot. It doesn't have to have to textures, it depends on how it is mapped and constucted in your modelling program.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 02:30 Edited at: 10th Jun 2007 02:31
Here. I'll link you to it.

http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=20061

EDIT: Googled the site, so not sure if it is the right program or not, but give it a look anyway.

Tom

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 12:38
Right one
http://www.aliencodec.com/product_treemagik.php

Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Can someone tell be how to make trees? Is a basic tree just a cylinder as the trunk then loads of planes with a transpareny, also, I've heard that trees have to have 2 textures or something like that?"

This is really all up to you.

One of the most classic ways to create simple tree model is to use 2 planes (= 4 polygons/triangles), make them "cross" themselfs (so that when viewed from top, they look like an 'X'). Next all you need to do is to create decent texture with transperency there and here(same one for both planes), and vola! Some more professional games have used more complex 3D trunks with different kinds of 3D shapes with transperency effects as the "leafes".

What comes to the textures, any 3D model can use as many textures as the creator wishes, dividing the texture to 2 or more different images simply allows more details to be added into the specific areas.

Treemagik is a simple and quick way to create decent tree models, but this may destroy the originality of your game.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 17:10
I might look into that tree magic program, I'm making a Vietnam war game.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:24:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:24:44