Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Pre-Production Sci-Fi Game; Ideas & Suggestions Needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:14
OK, here's the thing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was a major power outage last night, 5 PM EST, and we had no power for about 20 HOURS!!! During that time, walking around the storn-battered area, an idea hit me: Storm. The sci-fi gaame will take place hours after a storm in Accult Sector #598 in a deserted peninsula on an Earth-like alien planet. I have no idea for names, so they can be mentioned.

Yes, I have a HUUUGE project planned here, even bigger than soon-to-be-made-in-Torque-once-I get-it Failure to Cooperate. It'll have 35+ levels of sci-fi action!

I was just waiting for an inspiration to hit me, and it came during that storm. It'll have custom sounds for the weapons, and custom (here it means downloaded off of fpsfree.com) characters/objects. This is all I can say right now, so please help me!

This is Mad-Man. Copy Mad-Man into your sig so he can rule the FPSC boards. How to do it? }+:+)+the message after the smiley=domination!
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:20
Great idea but should this not be in FPSC Showcase?

wow lots of storm about!

FPSCreator content, information and resources.

http://x-games.mdhost.info/index.htm
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:24 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 23:25
Quote: "
[June 12 3203 4:00PM]
It was night...Night when we realized the weather had gone outof hand...Throughout the day we had some serious encounters with the weather,Blocking our path's and shutting down our connection's with the base...

But now it has only got worse,Instead of listning to the General's advice we continue'd our mission in Sector Accult #598...This was our greatest mistake...At first we were assaulted by some foul alien brood we had never seen before,We thought they were the only one's...And with the storms getting worse,we had to hide after the fight.As the wind and cold became unbearable...

Now that we are hiding,I am writing this Journal for those who might find us if we dont survive...We just had another attack of those creatures.And we suspect these creatures have something to do with this weird weather change.

Peter,Layla,Arnold and Me are just sitting here,trying to plan out to get back to the base.But we think these foul creatures are heading for the base...We must act quick...As Communication is lost,and our food is running out.

-Captain Jack.

[June 13 3203 11:00AM]

We were just being assaulted in our sleep from the back of the cave,Seems like they created a hallway of caves in the rocks.We should check them out and try getting to the base.As it still is stroming outside,and we have no other way to go.

-Captain Jack."

Some simple story sketch...

Well,more of a Journal to base the story off.
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:27 Edited at: 9th Jun 2007 23:27
but it is a good idea

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:28
Inspiration hits me quite fast as you might notice from that journal/Story
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:38
@ PoD: Thanks. That is just what I could've though of. If I can have that in a story-zone when I go near a PC monitor.....well, let's just say it'll be cool.

@ X Games: I did not post this in the Showcase as I have of yet no screens. But wait....I'll get some up. Now, ideas for the name....

This is Mad-Man. Copy Mad-Man into your sig so he can rule the FPSC boards. How to do it? }+:+)+the message after the smiley=domination!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 23:41
Quote: "@ PoD: Thanks. That is just what I could've though of. If I can have that in a story-zone when I go near a PC monitor.....well, let's just say it'll be cool.
"

Your welcome,I'm allways full of idea's.And i Enjoy writing pieces of story's and stuff like that.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 02:58
What about the game(s) you were working on?

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 03:05
Quote: "What about the game(s) you were working on?"

Did you forget about his track record of finishing games?

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 04:58
i have to say i'm intureged by A.I's behavior.

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 07:52
lol I'm making a game similar to this with X10 if I ever get it. maybe you will continue with this one this time?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 08:00
yeah m2. Tyrants of Oceanima. I had 2 much for the theory threads but not enough yet for a W.i.p.
i'm still thinking of using earth or Oceanima still....

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 16:02
@ FredP, well, let's just say I have a trophy for "Switching Games Every 10 Seconds". but that Failure to Cooperate game, that is gonna be made with Torque/Torque Lighting Kit. Heck, you may even see Failure to Cooperate on a shelf in BestBuy, or maybe even some other store.

@ bassguy1669, I might sound stupid, but, uh....what does 'intureged' mean?

bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 19:51
sorry about the spelling

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 22:09
Yeah.....

I need suggestions for the name of this game before I start on it, though.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 22:53
How about "Lights Out"?

EOT
[img][/img]
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 22:56
"Sector Stormed"
"Assault On #598"

I dont know,just 2 names that fit with my Journal\story thing.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 00:43
How's this: "Lights Out: Sector Stormed"? The game also ventures outside of the sector, like in alien bases and UFO's, but it's mainly about Accult Sector #598 being assaulted.

OK, now that I've got the name, and the first level's ideas done, it's time to tackle FPSC!!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 00:54
Please, please, please, don't have the subtitle. It bugs me so much.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 02:06
OK, how about just "Lights Out"?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 02:10
yeah I hate subs too for some reason. Lights Out is obviously good with me
*slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:16:57