Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Desperately need voice actors please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 16:10 Edited at: 18th Jun 2007 16:12
I've been working an age on my horror game tales of chtulhu and its all done but for one thing voice acting I tried doing it myself but the end result was a game set in America where everyone sounded like an Englishman or an Englishman putting on a funny voice and I tried voice changers but for some reason they didn’t install SO please if you have a microphone at lest try to do the voice acting please I desperate I’ve put so much effort in to this game without these voice samples I can’t finish it

Please note there are two male characters Sam Bradcliff and Paul Jeckson. Sam is a detective and Paul is a nutcase in an asylum if you’re a man please try both these characters then if more than one person tries these voices I can chose the best. also don't worry aboult the nurse I have already found a voice actor for her. I don’t know how I can reward people who try the voice acting but everyone who tries will end up in my game credits and will have the knowledge that they help a fellow game creator in need

When you’ve finished recording please email them to me at mummerysteven@yahoo.co.uk

T O C 2 SCRIPT1

INTRO
------------------------------------------------------------------
SAM: I’m Sam Bradcliff I’m a private investigator or at lest I used to be I went to fight for my country to defend my freedom I went with four of my best friends only I returned a broken man I spent the next year and a half screaming in my bed at phantoms of the past and ghosts of the enemy I lost everything my friends my wife all I held dear when I finally left the Asylum I had no job little money so I invested all my cash in becoming a private eye and at first it was good I made a fair trade but by the end of last year I was close to announcing bankruptcy I had made a few doggy financial decisions. Then this guy turned up at my door said his name was dr Mansford and he would give me $800 on the spot if I went looking for a missing friend of his called Philip Spencer he told me he was last seen in Gravesmire on an errand to take a book from one Dr cooper I looked it up it was on the other side of the usa well it could have been on the other side of the moon for all I cared I needed that money. The next week was spent chasing leads first I went to visit a Dr Cooper the man Philip was meant to grab the book from when I reached his mansion I found his door boarded up a neighbour was kind enough to inform me he had been murder by an burglar a week earlier what was peculiar was that it was the same night the local police station burned to the ground not much happens in these rural parts so these two events happening at the same time was to much of a coincident I decided to investigate the only survivor was a Mr Jeckson a policeman who was found hiding in one the cells strangely unburned and screaming inane remarks about an evil cults he was eventually placed in the local asylum it wasn’t much but it was the only lead I had to return to an asylum
-------------------------------------------------------------------
RECEPTION NURSE
-----------------------------------------------------------------
SAM: I’ve come to see a patient I phoned earlier

NURSE: certainly and your name is?

SAM: Sam Bradcliff

NURSE : ah yes you here to see HIM he’s in wing A top floor ……. Oh and take my advice don’t get to close he has a history of violence

MEETING THE PATIONT MR JECKSON
NURSE: are you mr Bradcliff

SAM: yes I am

NURSE: here is the man you wanted but keep you distance even under restraints he can become quite violent. I brought some files that might be of interest to you. Before he attacked our nurses our psychiatrist asked the patient to draw pictures of what he remembered

SAM: Show them to me later I’ve got questions to ask. Mr Jeckson do you remember the fire

JECKSON: I remember so much

SAM: the fire do you remember that? Was there a man in your custody called Phillip Spencer

JECKSON: the fire was no accident the men start

SAM: what men

JECKSON: THE MEN the men from the cave long ago

SAM: what are you talking about?

JECKSON: 3 years before the fire 8 policemen died at the hand of a strange cult I was the only survivor it was an particularly (cough) stormy night we had been called out to the black hill caves after local farmers had reported (cough) missing cattle a chilling noise coming from the caves chanting I was the youngest there me and old Samson where told to wait out side the cave while 6 men went in

SAM: and

JECKSON: my voice isn’t what it used to be come closer and I will tell you more

JECKSON FLASH BACK
JECKSON: you’re a filthy coward Samson you know that

JECKSON: STOP POLICE

JECKSON: They seem to be studying the cave art

JECKSON: WHAT NO this can’t be there was a wall here a minute age HOW CAN THIS BE!!!!!!

JECKSON:WHAT IS THIS PLACE WHAT NO NOOO NOOOOOO AGHHHH!!!!!!!

The world is complicated only people are simple
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 18:09
please somebody help me I'm begging you

pigs can fly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 15:58 Edited at: 19th Jun 2007 15:58
If you want people to speak such big texts, your sound files will be enormous...

All the free PCF Productions Stuff
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 16:21
Your right I was just being optimistic I suppose. You see the problem being my game is the second in a series and the first was done with my own voice acting and I was hopeing I could do the same with the sequel I had been lucky before when someone done some voice acting for me but that was no where near as much text as this what I suppose you might do if you were going to do it is record bits of the text at a time and then I could fit it back together but I was asking to much sorry to take up your time

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 20:21
I sent you a mail and a yousendit mail with the intro broken into pieces and my voice converted with screaming bee. I figured since you posted the script on the board it wasnt going to hurt if I gave it a shot. Get back with me about the rest.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 07:28
Its a Lovecraft project and I feel his first game caught the spirit of Lovcraftian Cosmic horror. So anything I can do to promote the man from Providince I will.

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 16:07
chtulhu bless you Disturbing 13 you are a saint amongst men with the voice sample my game will finally be complete and if all goes well I will upload it tomorrow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:20:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:20:11