Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Warp Attack at Dusty3 dbc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 22:31 Edited at: 26th May 2003 22:32
DBC

After a well-earned break on the holiday planet Sunsurf4, you board your ship, the Squashicone, and set off for Earth.

All’s well. You set the co-ordinates for home and hit the warp button. Then, with a cup of hot coco, you settle down to watch your favourite show - The Galaxy’s Dumbest Aliens.

A few minutes into the show you find yourself laughing uncontrollably. Flailing and kicking like an upturned turtle, you accidentally boot the warp panel. Suddenly the ship makes a sharp turn to the left. Startled into sobriety you leap to your feet. In a panic to see what has happened you lose grip on your coco and dump the contents of the mug over the controls, shorting the panel.

Before the screen dies you notice the new co-ordinates. “Oh my God!!!” you scream to yourself, as you realise what has happened “I’m going to hit the Cuboid belt at Dusty3!”

Unable to shut down the warp drive, you settle into your seat knowing that certain death awaits.

“I’m not going down without a fight,” you say to yourself, as you prep the laser cannon “and I’m not going down without a nice cup of tea…”

Ok, I first did this about a year ago over at Rpg Cyco’s Hideout. I started a thread similar to this one except you could use 150 lines of code. I got the idea from the original db forum after a thread by kanu (I know I’ve got his name wrong. Anyone?)
Anyway, I went over 150 lines, and no one took part. lol

Well, here it is again and this time it has a title…

Warp Attack at Dusty3

This time I’ve used collision boxes and unfortunately that has slowed it down considerably. But I’ve got a crap processor so Im hoping it will run fast enough on your PC. It’s set to run at 50fps and I get 33fps. And you’ll notice the slowdown when you start firing.

Just In case it runs slow on your PC I’ll make a post containing the original featuring my dodgy collision code!

Arrow keys + space

cheers
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 22:34
The old version
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 23:37
cool game

ARE YOU A 3D MODELER??? IF SO WE NEED YOU!!!
EMAIL mynameisnoneofyourbuisness@hotmail.com to work on the new Star Strike project!!!
England 5 Germany 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 02:19
Very impressive - prehaps you could have different levels with steadily increasing difficulty by making the rocks coming towards you move at a faster pace as you move progress from level to level.
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 02:20
Thanks
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 02:48
Good idea I cut a lot of the code from the original and through it together in a hurry. With a full re-write I could probably shrink the code allowing extra features. Maybe ill do it in Pro.
Thanks for your comments
England 5 Germany 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 03:10
You could also add items such as points bonuses which could fly towards you using the same movement code as the rock but differently coloured so as to be distiguishable.
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 03:33
Yeah, power-ups would be cool. I’ll try and fit them in.
I’ll start on this tomorrow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:12:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:12:34