Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V106 RC3 Update

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 21:52
Hi Guys,

Find the link to V106 RC3 below. Please refer to the bug board rules about posting bugs, especially how to title them and how to report a reproducable step by step guide to the issue.

http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/FPS_Creator_V106_RC3_210607.zip

V1.0.6 RC3 - 21/06/07
---------------------

* Removed the delay at the end of each level (sometimes 20 seconds), prior to loading
* Added a small program to the TOOLS folder which allows you to test a friends machine for compatibility with FPSC standalone games
* Weapon when placed with weapon.fpi into a level would not orient correctly, replaced rotate object 0,0,0 with RX,RY,RZ
* Universe construction skip no longer interferes with build process or standalone executables
* Saving entity bank (.ENT) during construction would shuffle items using the entity reduction code from V104 (wrong)
* Added code to save the lighting data at the end of a universe construction to be retained for re-tests

V1.0.6 RC1 and RC2 - 18/06/07
-----------------------------

* Increased speed of build process by skipping entitiy instance and attachment reports (which had an inbuilt display delay)
* Added universe construction skip code to re-use old static geometry and lighting if no static level elements where changed (faster build time)
* Ensured BUILD GAME can handle up to 50 levels, by ensuring internal arrays are large enough to handle extra level file information
* Added code to disable the FPI script editing for Arena Mode games. The script editors only produce single player game layouts
* Fixed problem of static entities using illumination shader in full shader mode did not account for lightmap data
* Added the local IP Address to multiplayer game title screen to provide maximum information for LAN and WAN gaming
* Further tweaked AI so that pistol and shutgun (forward attacker behaviours) do not run if not in line with player
* Further tweaked AI so that throw.fpi used by grenaders will lob grenades downward if player below them
* To avoid breaking AI behaviours of existing pre-V105 games, all modified scripts have a new 10.fpi extension (X10 designation)
* Better support for runtime error line numbers, in that they actually point to the correct line in the engine now
* Lightmapper now removes the RETRY prompt, and instead adds exception error handling for better bug reporting

NOTES
-----

* FPSC X9 is not designed for Vista compatibility, and any success you may get running under Vista is purely accidental. You can find advice on running FPSC unofficially on Vista in a related thread.

* DarkAI will not be integrated into FPSC X9 until the X10 code has been migrated back into XP. This will only happen after the X10 project has completed. Any reference to X10 will not appear in any FPSC X9 version before this migration.

* When entering your serial code, remember that the first letter (V) is always a capital letter and the remaining letters are lower case. It is a typical typo error we see from time to time.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 22:05
Thanks lee! I love it!
The lighting bug was irritating, thanks for solving!

Jeff

You're the 'th to view this signature!
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 22:07
So does this mean that weapons will lie down now??

Mike B

Call me Mike please
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 00:53
Sweet! If it weren't for my burnt out video board and me being stuck on a laptop I'd be testing every inch of this thing for ya, but life isn't always so nice

Vote today and play the games!
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 01:28
well i figered out that it wont work on vista vary well every vista user DONT DL IT YET IT WILL JUST MAKE U MAD take it from me

i had to make a new account im no noob my old name was 300 win mag
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 01:41
Awesome, I'll get ahold of this first thing in the morning and run some tests.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 03:31 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 03:31
Yay I posted 6th!

Can't wait to test. I didn't even get to test RC2! Too busy with DBP...

---PlasmaArts---
www.plasmaarts.co.nr - www.plasmaarts-games.co.nr
mickeyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Testing it now,see how it goes.

Thanks a lot
Nowdie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 06:56 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 07:01
why is my character through the floor

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 07:02 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 07:04
that is an older problem that has to do with some of the custom media (in wich case this one I made) have the 'base bone' at the waste not the feet. Search models and media for the fix.it's not specific to RC3

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 07:03
Quote: "well i figered out that it wont work on vista vary well every vista user DONT DL IT YET IT WILL JUST MAKE U MAD take it from me"

Gee...what a surprise...since it was made for xp and Lee already said this version of FPSC is not Vista comaptible what is your issue?
I have this version installed and except for what I have posted in the Bug Reports fourm and the usual suspects such as lag and AI and other stuff being worked on 1.06 RC3 is running fairly smooth for me.
I even built a game with 12 levels today with it.
You can set up your pc to dual boot Vista and xp (or at least that is my understanding...I dont have Vista...yet).
Quote: "why is my character through the wall "

I think they are working on this too.

Nowdie
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "that is an older problem that has to do with some of the custom media (in wich case this one I made) have the 'base bone' at the waste not the feet. Search models and media for the fix.it's not specific to RC3"

but when i used the older version(before v104) i never had that problem
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 08:41
If you search the models and media forum you can find the solution to this problem.
Since 1.05 came out any models I make that involve animation or movement always have their first joint at the base of the model so this is not an issue.
I can almost guarentee you that this will continue to be the case as FPSC is moving in a forward direction.At least anyone who makes models should know about it by now so in the future this issue will be addressed by the modeler.

westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 09:33
About the Vista issue.I have vista installed on my system and FPSC runs no problem.My specsare as follows

Windows Vista Premium
AMD 3800 dual core processor
Nvidia 7900 GTX Video card
2GB Ram
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 18:00
Quote: "Gee...what a surprise...since it was made for xp and Lee already said this version of FPSC is not Vista comaptible what is your issue?"

the reason i tested it out on Vista FredP is to see what will go wrong to see if its not too bad of a problem or a really bad problem. I did it not to be a idoit but to help a little so others wont dl just yet even if he sead that it wont work with vista i was going to help him out soo this is what happens

the test game sometimes will crash not to much of a problem
some of the custom meda i made wont work right(textures,guns all that stuff)
some of the modelpack 4 people will fall throug the ground

thats all i haft to report at the time im stell finding stuff but none of the stuff is too dangeris

i had to make a new account im no noob my old name was 300 win mag
shaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
stupid question... how to make a thread??

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:24:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:24:15