Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / A small suggestion abotu FPSC x10's air function

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 17:01
Hey, I was watching the latest video for the hundredth time
and I noticed that when you go underwater and you come back up, your air immediatly comes back...which in real life it takes several seconds for air to return....especially if you have been holding your breath for a long time....I think regaining air should take twice as long as losing it, otherwise the game gets too easy. Savvy?

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 21:57
Not really. When you get back to surface, you can immediately breath again. I don't think that it's a big deal so I doubt that they would change that. But you have a point.

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 22:25
I think he means that when you get up from the surface, you can't get back all the air..Or can you? Well, i can't.

Footsteps W.I.P

[url]nack-pro.se.nu[/url] It's swe!
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
It shouldn't take twice as long, but there should be a delay to stop people from "bobbing". This is often used in older games like half-life where when fighting something underwater or flicking levers or something and you run out of air, you can instantly "bob" and then head back down fully regenerated.

It shouldn't be a long delay, but it should take at least five seconds.
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 03:15 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 06:30
Quote: "I think he means that when you get up from the surface, you can't get back all the air..Or can you? Well, i can't."

Yeah, especially those [mod edit] main game characters who are always seen smoking a cigeratte...now you know why they don't go swimming. lol

Quote: "It shouldn't take twice as long"

Yeah...I disagree with myself, it should take the same amount of time to regain it, as it does to lose it.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 06:31
Using symbols isntead of letters is still swearing and is still a violation of the AUP.
We've been doing pretty good on this new x10 boards about staying within the boundaries of the AUP.Let us all take steps to make sure this continues.

H3110 W0R1D
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it should be a two-four second "sputter" time which refills your air.

(Yes, I did go to my bathroom and try this...)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 01:07:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 01:07:46