Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / fpsc VR video

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 21:28 Edited at: 29th Jun 2007 21:28
fpsc in viryual reality product.

Overview
First Person Shooter (FPS) games will never be the same, and once you’ve harnessed the power of virtual reality in your own living room, neither will you!

http://www.trimersion.com/pro_info.html

see the youtube video using fpsc
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 21:49
I don't know, it looks like a hoax wit ha cheesy advertisement. Even if they did show fpsc, doesn't mean the hardware they are trying to sell is real. I would rather use a mouse and keyboard, I don't want free cancer growth by using some cheesy radioactive headset.

Join my army!

Click here to visit my homepage.
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 21:52
Well, these days everything causes cancer. Plus, that stupid hardware costs almost $400. Thats a joke.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 22:36
however, it WOULD be cool to have an uninfested one.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
that 'stupid hardware', as you call it, used to cost more than 10 times as much not that very long ago... if you could get it...

and if you've never experienced full motion tracking vr, then you are in for a total revealation... now you indeed are 'into' the game...

the only thing missing is a tactile feedback vr glove... but hey, that would require the game be written exactly for such a thing... and until a standard of sorts emerges, i don't see that happening...

good link fallen one... i've been waiting for a loooong time to see affordable vr on the pc (why one of the console makers never grabbed onto this i'll never know)... this may indeed be worth looking into...

--Mike
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 23:28
do u press a button t jump, cause boot that detected when both feet left the floor, triggered the jump would be cool.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 00:03
@ Red Ocktober- You need to be practical. That is way too much for any piece of hardware that just controls things. If the company that creates these things is so professional, why is it that they are using fpsc instead of hiring real programmers and artists to create a game. This is obviously a hoax to grab your money for something that probably barely does anything.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 00:40
Id be interested to try this HMD and tracker out.
Its about time that these became more available to the mainstream market.

Id like to know what form of tracker they are using for the device.
also Id like to know if it has 3d in with it, either shutter frame or seperate image for each eye. for the cheap price I doubt it, Ill have to see what this device gets in the reviews from the VR sites for more in depth info on the tech.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:54 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 02:02
Quote: "@ Red Ocktober- You need to be practical. That is way too much for any piece of hardware that just controls things. If the company that creates these things is so professional, why is it that they are using fpsc instead of hiring real programmers and artists to create a game"

I don't know...you don't have to be a huge company to sell a good product. Look at TGC.

The company behind Trimersion looks like it comprised of just 3 people, so I can understand using FPSC to showcase the product. No royalty fees with FPSC, plus they don't have to payroll a team of programmers and artists to make a game "just" to show off their VR game controller.

I don't know if the product is good or not, but it really looks interesting. I'd definitely have to demo it before I paid that kind of money though.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 12:31
What I saw was pictures of the gun floating around in front of a screen playing FPSC.How do we know this even works with FPSC?
"4 AA batteries not included" is all I need to see.If the are too darn cheap to include 4 batteries to put in something this expensive...

Please have mercy and use the search function.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 15:32
price depends on what they are using in this, like the tracker, it doesnt say what tracker they are using, I know for a fact the trackers they use for the arcade industry are top of the line and cost a 1000 quid a pop, then you can get cheap infra red trackers like what I had in a novelty headset that cost a few pounds, it all depends on whats in this thing, id like to know more the technical low down on what it uses, only then can one say if its a good price.
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
of course you're gonna wanna try before you buy... especially with something like this... there's a lot that has to be checked out to see if this offers a realistic vr immersive experience...

i would look for a demo location close by me, if possible... or get some first hand reviews first...

but believe me... way back when, i had the chance to experience an early vr setup... the graphics were vga quality (AMOS 3D like colored cubes), and the speed was slow enough to induce motion sickness... but the experience was there... i could turn, walk forward unto a moving platform, and walk up stairs...

and it really felt like was actually in the vr world...

now if this thing can force the same sorta immersion, even if it comes close... trust me, like fallen said above, you're gonna think you are on the hollo-deck...

--Mike
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 22:32
Just reading over the specs, the gun is not tracked, the head is tracked, thats a massive downer I rekon, having the gun be tracked would be better, aiming with your head isnt the best thing.
zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 00:22
it was in E3 06.

I WANT.

I don't care what they say. T3DGM Rules!!!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 02:09
I see on the store they are going to do a tracker for the gun, that is worth looking into, still would like to know whats running it, infra red, gyrocope? it just doesnt say.
Sysdevja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 18:02
One word: MetaMersion

Try that. Half Life proven

We have one at our studios

It just isnt sony
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 22:59
no specs on its site, or price, when I get time ill watch a video, this set again looks like its not gun tracked but head tracked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:27:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:27:15