Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Paralysed NPC’s

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 10:17
Hi All,

Just some information please.

My game at the moment has two levels, on Building and running the two levels in some rooms the NPC’s are paralysed and do not move even when hit.

In the FPSC Editor I can build one level and run it and all NPC’s in that level are faster than superman with rapid gunfire.

Could it be that I do not have a powerful enough computer, or and enough on board memory. My computer statistics are as follows:

2.15 gig AMD Athlon XP, 128 primary mem cache, 512 secondary.
1024 onboard memory.

NVIDIA GeForce FX5600 256 meg mem. Windows XP.

Therefore is it a computer problem ?.

Thanks for your help.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 13:37 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 13:38
I'm not sure if I completely understood you problem, but have you customized the properities of the enemy entities?
By rightclicking on a entity you open up this list which has several different settings for the specific object.

Make sure that the "paralysed" enemies actually have some sort of AI that works set for them, and that other settings don't mess things up. Same thing with the fast movement and rapidfire, these settings can also be changed in the rightclick-menu.

Also if you haven't installed the latest patch (1.06RC4), do so now. The versions above 1.05 have added many new features to the engine (such as save/load game option & new lightining system), and they have also sped up and stabilised things abit. For example with 1.05 I was able to have 12 different enemies chasing and attacking me at the same time in a medium-sized map, while in the previous versions only about 3 enemies were able to stay "active" at the same time.

Your PC seems to be decent enough to play FPSC, but I'd suggest you to upgrade soon.
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 15:43
Thanks for your post Doggy,

The settings on the NPC's in the 'General' section of each NPC. I have used 'Strafe' and set 'Rate of Fire to 0' for rapid fire, View Cone 180 and speed to 120.

I cannot see why it works ok in the FPSC Editor compiled, but not
as a standalone !!!.

Cheers
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 15:45
Sorry forgot to mention I am using 1.06RC4, but it has happened in most other versions at one time or another.
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
are you using trigger zone to spawn enemy ?
do all enemys use same ai-script ?

i had this problem a while ago . kill attcking enemy and a static/idle enemy jumps into action , i was not using trigger and they all was clones i.e same ai-scripts.
i think it was 2 or 3 with same script worked ok but anything over i had idle enemy's till i killed active , some still just stood about doing nothing tho

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:23:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:23:03