Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 01:40
I'm not sure if I'll get much response here, but if anyone has looked at the source code properly there is one or two commented out parts relating to a secondary gun in the game. If anyone has seen it then could you shed some light on the subject? I'm sure many forum members would be excited to find out if this has the potential to work
Snowblind 44
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 03:25
Quote: "I'm not sure if I'll get much response here, but if anyone has looked at the source code properly there is one or two commented out parts relating to a secondary gun in the game. If anyone has seen it then could you shed some light on the subject? I'm sure many forum members would be excited to find out if this has the potential to work "

Not exactly sure what you mean, I know that since 1.04 and MP6 all you needed for a second gun in the other hand was a firespot2 bone.

If games were realistic, we'd have a run away option in FPS games, and RPGs with dead people who stay dead,etc.
Lol.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 10:18 Edited at: 1st Jul 2007 10:20
Basically, in the source code is a commented out bit of code that allows the player to have two guns. Not like model pack 6, actually being able to have the colt say, then in the other hand the revolver if you want to, like in halo. I'm very curious on the matter.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 14:34
It sounds awesome. I think it's really stupid in model pack 6 (no offence, TGC) that there are two seperate weapons for dual wielding: one pistol, and two pistols.

The good, the bad and the Toasty.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 04:44
Quote: "really stupid"

How Else do you suggest they do it?

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 12:42
Quote: "How Else do you suggest they do it?"

Well, perhaps use a variable to identify if the player has 1 uzi, and if they pick up a second uzi then the hud weapon becomes the dual. It IS stupid to have the dual and single as separate weapons, because if you kill 2 uzi guys you can still only use 1 uzi.

Check out my dual weild thread for info on making dual weild enemies.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 13:57
Does anyone have any idea how to use dual wield? Because this really has me intrigued.

The good, the bad and the Toasty.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 14:47 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2007 14:47
No by the looks of this thread, I'm sure Lee had a good reason not to use it though, maybe because he didn't want anyone to pick up two vickers. Although the guns could have been assigned different variables to tell whether they can be dual wielded or not. I'll be working on this though
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 13:21
Post again if you discover anything.

Shafted

Coming to a forum post near you......

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:26:26