Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Zombie character and waypoints as well as spawning.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure if this is frowned upon or not but I am going ask four questions in this single thread.

By watching the video tuts I was able to spawn a zombie character. Then I was able to learn how to make an entity follow a waypoint, again. Here are my questions....

1. If I spawn an entity using a trigger and it is spawned over the beginning of the waypoint will it follow the waypoint path? (For anyone wondering why I don't just do it myself...I will not have my fpsc computer for a few days while I am on vacation and I am wanting to map some ideas out.)

2. In the past I have had a zombie character follow a particular path but when it sees me it stops on the path and tries to attack. The only problem is that he doesn't chase me. He stays in one spot. This also happens with enemies that have weapons. They stay in the same spot and shoot me instead of leave the waypoint path and come after me.

3. Can the trigger spawn work in reverse? I would like to be able to walk in a room with a bunch of dead people lying on the floor in a room and at some point have to go through that room again and have a bunch of "living dead" ready to attack. The way I assume this would work is...Place the dead and use a trigger to make them disappear. Then, use another trigger to get them to spawn as enemies.

4. Is spawning in the game good or bad for the pc cpu if used too much? I have a powerhouse pc so my comp is not a good test. I wasn't sure if anyone else has had any issues with it.

I am using the latest update 1.6 rc4
Well, I am sorry for this being so long and boring but a little more information would be helpful. I appreciate the help.
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Any ideas, thoughts or comments guys?
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a squirrel tryin' to get a nut here!!!! Anybody?
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
1)I dont see why an enemy wouldnt follow a waypoint path if that is what you tell it to do.

2)I have been trying to get an enemy to leave the waypoint path and chase me also. I have had no success.

3)You could try using the destroyandactivate.fpi and a trigger zone to destry the dead people and spawn the living dead people.

4)Spawning and respawning have very little effect on game play or performance and are in no way harmfull to the machine. In short, its harmless in all respects. I suggest just watching the number of dynamic entities, such as enemies, you have going at one time. That can degrade the game play.

Happy game making!!

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 20:06
You need to have a script that specifies the character following the waypoint.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:27:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:27:03