Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator Possible Features?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I currently own DarkBASIC and 3D Game Studio
I really wish to be a game designer and honestly I have not tried that hard but I thought this might help me get motivated to get into more desiging since it is a bit easier than both programs obivously if you want to make a FPS Game
I just wanted to know if you can do the following:
Make Game Shops in your game
Make Weapon Upgrades
Add a Stat System to perhaps each gun or your self or something (Even if it is really simple at least it is possible)
Add puzzles into the game like in Half-Life 2 and other amazing FPS's
Even if these are only avaliable on the PRO edition than maybe I will get them
If none of these are possible than maybe this is not for me and I can try and work on another program.
THANKS IN ADVANCE to anyone who knows if these are possible.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 10:32
1. We don't currently have global variables available to us, but someone made a shop that uses health as a sort of currency, it proved to be quite effective.

2. No unfortunately.

3. I'm not exactly sure what you mean, if you mean health and lives then they are standard.

4. Yes, with some scripting you can make some really nice puzzle games.

If you're getting into game designing then I think this is perfect to start off with, it's simple, effective and it has already been proven that the games it creates can be sold. Also, since you have DarkBasic you can edit the source code for it to make an endless amount of features, assuming you have the knowledge and DarkBasic Pro and the enhancements pack.

Good luck with your game creating
Sysdevja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 17:54
Magus if you wish to become a games designer i would start by exploring the world of Writing. As the games designer's role is alot of documentation writing.

Concept document, design document, project plans, other documents, game pitch, Art & Level Documents.

Also the fun of flowcharts, powerpoint presentations and then once all thats done you usualy can then start a prototype.

Thats how the pros in the industry do it. Although im only a junior designer at SEGA so i don't know everything but the first steps is getting to grips with laying out the important documents and also the game play flow charts.

Hope this helps

- Solar System Studios - Developing games since 2001
Magus
Years of Service
User Offline
Sort of
What is the enchacment pack?
And if you are a designer at SEGA can you tell me one thing?
WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE NEXT GEN SONIC? cause I rented it for PS3 and wow it had more bugs than a bait shop!!!!!!! No offense I just wanted to know how that project messed up so badly.
Magus
Years of Service
User Offline
I only have DarkBASIC not PRO and I got it at Frys so I don't think I get a discount or anything
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE NEXT GEN SONIC? cause I rented it for PS3 and wow it had more bugs than a bait shop!!!!!!! No offense I just wanted to know how that project messed up so badly."

Yeah, tell me about it. I downloaded the demo on Xbox Live. It looks great but to actualy play it... the controls are kind of, well, the worst I've ever seen in a game. And don't get me started on the camera and random glitches.

bmbvideo.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:28:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:28:17