Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Small Wish List

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to see in FPS Creator X10
1. A STORE (Merhcnat) SYSTEM, not being able to purchase items limits you on what type of game you can make and how your custom system works.
2. A type of Stat system (SKILL SYSTEM) any type even a bugged one is alright at least it is there and hopefully one day it can be worked on some more.
If a thread like this was already made than sorry but a Wishlist should of been a sticky
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 11:04
Quote: "2. A type of Stat system (SKILL SYSTEM) any type even a bugged one is alright at least it is there and hopefully one day it can be worked on some more.
If a thread like this was already made than sorry but a Wishlist should of been a sticky"

THat's more of an RPG type game. First Person Shooter Creator tends to make FPS games, there is not a high enough demand for any RPG elements. In fact, I can't think of a single FPS with RPG elements. Sorry, but that probably won't happen.

Your signature has been deleted due to the fact that it was far too humourous to possibly show.
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/ -New FPSC Forums By Jenkins
larsm
Years of Service
User Offline
msybe he means a RANK SYSTEM, thats possible and normal in a FPS
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 14:46
Quote: "First Person Shooter Creator tends to make FPS games, there is not a high enough demand for any RPG elements. In fact, I can't think of a single FPS with RPG elements. Sorry, but that probably won't happen."

First,I'd like to have RPG elements in my game if I want.As for not being able to think of a single FPS with RPG elements...what about Project:Snowblind,Mercenaries,etc.?
In Project:Snowblind at cvertain points in the game your stuff is upgraded giving it a level up type feel and in Mercenaries what resources you have depend on what missions you have completed,who you are friends with.etc.
Almost all FPSs have RPG elements of one sort or anolther built in.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 15:42 Edited at: 4th Jul 2007 15:42
S.T.A.L.K.E.R (bloody full stops...)

That was an FPS/RPG hybrid

Mike

Call me Mike please
f4ktor com
Years of Service
User Offline
Deus Ex, one of the best FPS of all time. Also FPS/RPG. Who ever doesn't know Deus Ex shouldn't be creating FPS

I'm selling BlitzMax + MaxGUI ($65), Leadwerks Engine + 3D World Studio ($100). Or all together for just $145.
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 17:43
Boiling point have some RPG elements.

Footsteps W.I.P

[url]nack-pro.se.nu[/url] It's swe!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 22:05
Quote: "In Project:Snowblind at cvertain points in the game your stuff is upgraded giving it a level up type feel "

Huh? I'm somewhere near level 10 and nothing like that has happened...

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 23:25
At the beginning of the second or third level the stealth activates...a little later the ballistic shield activates,etc.?Every so often throughout the game a new function comes online.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 20:12 Edited at: 5th Jul 2007 20:27
I am wishing/asking for a small array of variables that we can edit the values of via the scripts.
Say 10 as in var0 thru var9, then we can start to implement the RPG style accessories.
Like GOLD, HERBS, and other collectibles that can be saved in a pack.
Then any script could check (:var0greater=3:state=2,var0add=-2) and adjust values to use special powers, etc.
Just a small array would get us started but var0 to var99 would be better of course.
We could use the comment section of the scripts to keep track of which variable are for what..
;var0 is gold, var1 is eggs, var2 is flour, etc.
Not that I am going to bake a cake during a gunfight, but this would open endless possibilities to our gameplay.

This is the solution to both of his requests as you could script a store or skill stats with these variables.

; var16 is kill count, ..., var32 is combat skill

:var16greater=25:var32add=1,var16add=-25,state=4

The above would add 1 skill point to your COMBAT SKILL for every 25 kills.
Not counting the first kill though. (that's the cherry)
If course you would have to add...
var16add=1
... somewhere in your enemies' destroy scripts too, but you scripters already know that.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Nicholas Primiano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 04:26
I think that RPG elements in X 10 would be a great edition. Although I know it is unlikely that any will be included, at least now in the near future.

<\(nprim)/>
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 22:47
there may be a score system

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:58:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:58:19